low-calorie dessert/chocolates/candy? anything?

Options
808sun
808sun Posts: 13
serious sugar craving! any low-calorie sweets I can pick up at the grocery store? otherwise I'll be tempted to get the hersheys drops..

Replies

• ltaylore
    ltaylore Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I like the slim fast double-dutch chocolate snack bars. Chocolaty, satisfying, and only 100 calories.
  • tassles
    tassles Posts: 172
    Options
    i jut had a nestle fat free chocolate mousse.......69 calories!! forme also have a line of deserts fat free and sugar free! satisfies the sugar cravings !!
    :flowerforyou:
  • katcena
    katcena Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow ice creams (100-140 cals) or Jello Temptations desserts (Caramel/Chocolate Mousse 60 cals and a new strawberry cheesecake 150 cals)
    Or Vitatops (Chocolate varieties are my fav and only 100 cals!)
    I have to have some options....lol
  • SlimmingSarah
    Options
    OHH OHH OHH! Im a real sweets lover! I cant get enough of my sweet fix!

Try anything from the 'Atkins Endulge' range, they are absolutely delicious with only 100-150 calories and they taste JUST like candy, no nasty powdery aftertaste or icky textures.

Skinny cow ice cream! Either the sundaes or bars, really really good and very much allowed! Again, 100-150 calories and SO yummy!
  • ucrgirl06
    ucrgirl06 Posts: 13
    Options
    You know what I LOVE? I buy Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chips and put them in the freezer. If you eat a tablespoon it's only 70 calories, a little fat, not too many carbs or sugar either. Since they're frozen they last longer, but have all the great taste. They totally give me my chocolate fix when I need it.
  • slykitty
    slykitty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A whole Dove Dark Chocolate candy bar, 190 calories, totally worth it.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Any brand of low-fat fudgsicle! I try to get ones that are around 90 calories for a big one or half that if they are little ones.

I'm not into hard candy too much, but I do really like the lemonade and pink lemonade flavor of Crystal Light hard candy. Nice bright lemon flavor!

I haven't had it in a while, but a York Peppermint Pattie has good dark chocolate and the rich peppermint, I don't know the calories off the top of my head but I think it's worth it for how rich/satisfying it is.

Weight Watchers brand Smart Ones frozen desserts--Cookie Dough Sundae (or something like that) is so freaking good! I don't even consider myself a cookie dough lover but that is yummy.
  • itsjustme77
    itsjustme77 Posts: 102
    Options
    sugar free jello pudding, edys orange and cream bars, phillyswirl sugar free
  • nichelle1
    Options
    :smile: I just absolutely love the Fiber One Double Chocolate Brownies they're delicious and only ninety calories
  • bkr45678
    bkr45678 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yummy Earth lollipops. Only 23 calories a piece and they are made with 100% organic ingredients, no HFCS, flavored and colored with fruit/veg extracts. They freakin rock!
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I find frozen yogurt is great for my cravings. so is a frozen banana! just peel and cut up in slices before hand then freeze! even just eating a few pieces at a time really satiates my sweet tooth. some people like frozen grapes too but I like the bananas better
  • Budgirl2455
    Budgirl2455 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow heavenly crisp milk chocolate baris my favorite ~ 110 cal.
  • joy5877
    joy5877 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow ice creams (100-140 cals) or Jello Temptations desserts (Caramel/Chocolate Mousse 60 cals and a new strawberry cheesecake 150 cals)
    Or Vitatops (Chocolate varieties are my fav and only 100 cals!)
    I have to have some options....lol

Agree with these plus
    Skinny cow dreamy clusters . 120 calories
    Chocolate Redi Whip . 15 calories for 2 tbs. Feels like I am cheating when I spray it in my mouth!
  • lynnmariestan1
    lynnmariestan1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Go to the website yourlighterside.com. SHe has so many amazing ideas for foods that are low carb, low sugar, and made from healthy ingredients. No processed foods, so nothing you can just pick up in the store to eat. But if you make them ahead of time, you'll have them for when the craving hits.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I just ate 30 TJ cat cookies for 220 calories.
  • AzaleaNicole38
    AzaleaNicole38 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    caramel popcorn, find a light or low fat version if you can. Or do you one better and buy popcorn kernels, pop the popcorn yourself, and add a teaspoon of vanilla and cinnamon. skinny cow is good too
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I make my own chocolate candy by taking unsweetened baker's chocolate and melting it in a double boiler and adding dextrose (the industry name for glucose) to it along with a splash of real vanilla. It is a VERY intense chocolate and somewhat bitter but, as it turns out, chocolate will actually help your body to repair damaged DNA! The reason why avoiding sucrose is important is because the metabolizing of sucrose creates AGEs (Advanced Glycation Endproducts) something that you definitely DON'T want. Glucose has a more or less neutral effect in this regard. The recommended dose of chocolate is 1 oz. per day. I have never been tempted to eat more than 1 oz. of this chocolate---it totally satisfies chocolate craving for about 200 calories. I usually make 8 oz. at a time:

Melt 8 oz. of baker's unsweetened chocolate in a double boiler (or make your own by putting the chocolate in a pyrex bowl and placing it on top of a small saucepan of boiling water). Take care not to get ANY water in your chocolate or it will turn chalky. Stir in 1/3 of a cup of dextrose/glucose (more or less to taste but the less you can stand, the better) and 2 tsp of vanilla extract and then drop into 8 clusters on parchment paper. You can push toasted almonds or peanuts into the clusters if you like it that way. Eat one a day as "medicine". :happy:

p.s. You can buy the baker's chocolate and glucose at your local bulk food store.
  • thinkcrystal
    thinkcrystal Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I close my eyes and slowly eat chocolate jello pudding and imagine that im eating a brownie. It works every time!! :tongue: