calories burned

Options
i feel that if i burned calories during a workout i dont need to put them back into my calories to be consumed again , is it counter productive to eat the calories u already burned off? does this make sense to anyone?

Replies

• daveanthony
    Options
    I've been told that if I eat into the calories I burned it will slow my weight loss. I try not to get into those - but if I work out for an hour or so and burn off 600 calories, and eat 100 of them I am happy with that. I've lost 16 pounds since January 17th. I am trying to escalate my weight loss so I am working out more and trying to stay out of the calories I burn.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Nope, you eat them to replace what you have burned. A deficit has already been factored into your calories upon information you gave MFP when you signed up. Go to your goals section to view it. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/my_goals

You are exercises to get fit not to lose weight. You would still lose weight if you did no exercise
  • Jejones4
    Jejones4 Posts: 1
    Options
    IMO, immediately following a workout is one of the most important times to eat. What type of food you eat, well, that depends on your weight goals. There are a few benefits in doing so... one, it's going to keep your metabolism running high - burning calories. If you don't eat, the metabolism slows down and in the long term, will start storing everything you eat as fat. Mr Olympia states that he drinks a soda after his workouts and he's like 3% bodyfat if that. The soda is nothing more than sugar - a simple carb, it will burn right up. Point is, the metabolism is going crazy after the workout (depending on how intense your workouts are). Once your body uses what it wants, it will start burning muscle instead of the fat and we don't want that. Eat following your workout, but if you did allot of cardio - I would suggest complex carbs. It will keep your metabolism going which will burn fat and use that food as energy to burn more fat.. .If you were doing resistance or weights, I would take a good amount of protein right after. That will fuel your muscles for growth and recovery. Hope that makes sense.
  • Lyndabfit
    Options
    makes perfect sense .thanks guys for the suggestions!:happy: