Hurt feelings

Options
:sad: :cry: Having a really rough day today. Im at work and just had a customer ask me if I was pregnant? I said no, and she turns to me and says "woah Missy what are you doing, are you ever getting fat!!" So needless to say I have spent the last hour crying my eyes out....:cry:

Replies

• dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    Options
    :sad: :cry: Having a really rough day today. Im at work and just had a customer ask me if I was pregnant? I said no, and she turns to me and says "woah Missy what are you doing, are you ever getting fat!!" So needless to say I have spent the last hour crying my eyes out....:cry:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE NOT FAT
    YOU ARE NOT FAT
    YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL PERSON
    YOU ARE NOT FAT
    YOU ARE NOT FAT

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful and do not give that person the power to make you sad. I am sorry that they were so heartless. Keep your head up and walk tall.

We are with you.:flowerforyou:
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Wow, first of all I am so sorry she hurt you like that. =o(
    But goodness, that was SO rude of her! SOME people have no manners!
    Someone asked me if I was pregnant right before Christmas.....*dies*...........I bawled.
    I still maintain I don't LOOK pregnant tho! I've BEEN pregnant and this pooch of fat does not look like pregnant fat LOL
    AND then on Jan 1st decided I needed to change and thankfully found this site Jan 4th LOL

Anyway, hang in there girl- you are NOT fat!
  • dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    Options
    :heart: ok, now you both have made me cry again, but for good reasons. Thank you sooooo much, I new I could come here for support and a few good shoulders to cry on......:heart:
    Dawn
  • fitzio1015
    Options
    omg that has happened to me so many times....people ask..." oh honey when are you due?" i just look at them and say i'm not pregnant i am just fat...i know how much i weigh and how i look and every day i am changing that for the better... when i say that the look on their face is priceless and they keep sayin i am sorry i am so sorry i didn't mean anything by it...i just say nope its people like you who make me want to better my health and my self every day so thank you......

don't let them bother you....just make a joke out of it then it makes them feel lke crap...

you are beautiful no matter what people say...just as we all are....
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I've had that happen to me to. Don't it suck. Don't worry you can lose it.
  • pmoney
    pmoney Posts: 3
    Options
    Some people are so insecure they have to hurt others to feel good...What a jerk!Hold your head up you are better than that!
  • jesusgrl14
    Options
    Oh my gosh!! I cannot believe people can be so heartless. I am so sorry that you had to endure someone else's feelings of insecurity. Just remember that anyone who can put you down so easily is covering for their own short-comings. You are beautiful! At the very most, let that comment motivate you to drive even harder towards your goal. At the very least, shake it off and know that you are better than that. I hope your day gets better. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • zmonster
    zmonster Posts: 33 Member
    Options

I feel very sorry for the person that said that to you. Imagine what must be going on in her life to make her so insensitive and crass. Don't let her "stuff" get you down. What a magnificent thing that you have done by quitting smoking. You have already made the biggest health decision that you can possibly make in your lifetime for you AND your beautiful son! Congratulations!
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    What are people thinking???Just this summer I was wearing one of those you know baby doll tops. Went to a family reunion on my hubby's side. One of his Uncle's actually patted me on the belly and said "How is the baby doing?" I quickly told him "there is no baby, I'm not pregnant, it is the style of the top" yesh. My daughter said Mom don't worry about it, she wears extra small and people asked her if she was pregnant when she wore that style, that made me feel a bit better. LOL. You have to ignore those thoughtless comments. We're with you girl! Hang in there!:flowerforyou:
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    What a horrible thing to have happen! Its absolutely unbelievable. :noway:

Keep your chin up and know that you are a good person that didn't deserve that comment. Some people are just ignorant. I'm not defending her (please don't think that) but she probably shot that back at you because she was embarrased - as well she should be.

Each and everyone of us is here for the great support and motivation we get from each other and seeing the results in ourselves. Please don't let this get to your self-esteem and let it ruin your day.

I hope you feel better :flowerforyou:
    Charlene
  • azlips2003
    azlips2003 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    :noway: I am shocked and amazed that someone could be that mean. Don't give anyone the power to make you feel bad. I know it's easier said than done, but no one can "make" you feel bad.

I always say "be a duck - let it rollllll off of you like water on a duck"!

You rock!! You are beautiful and strong and no one making a mean comment will change that!! :heart:

Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    People are dumb that way.
    :grumble: I am sorry that you feel bad. Try to use it for good however.
    This is the motivation that you need to get going. YOU CAN DO THIS AND GET THE LAST LAUGH!!!
    BTW speaking of laughing look up this weeks GARFIELD CARTOONS!
    The one for MONDAY I think it was
    Frame 1 Jon tell Garfield that he LOOKS FAT,
    Frame 2 Garfield looks at us and thinks. "I LOOK fat??"
    Frame 3 Garfield looks down holding his belly and says with a grin,
    "Then this is just an optical illusion!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :wink:
    --Diann...
  • azlips2003
    azlips2003 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    And I just read your profile! You gave up smoking!! Congratulations!! That is a major accomplishment!! You should be very proud of yourself!!! :smile:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :frown: :flowerforyou:
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hey, don't take that crap from anyone..:explode: ....look her right in the eye and say...nope, just fat, how about you?
    let them stutter and stammer and get all flustered.
    Or say something really off the wall....nope, its the medication the psychologists place gave me for my violent reactions to stupid questions. Don't ever feel you have to apologize in any way for ignorance. People need to be stopped from feeling they can just say anything to anybody. BTW, if that's a current picture you are not fat. Now, believe it. RJ
  • MIDGEKIN
    MIDGEKIN Posts: 113
    Options
    Just remember: PEOPLE ARE STUPID!!! :smile:
  • joanne123
    Options
    ah well, aren't you glad you aren't that person - who would want to be them!! You've got lots of support here :flowerforyou:
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Wow - who gave her the right to say that!!! I don't understand some people these days, they just have no respect or discretion.

I had an aunt one time tell me, "why are you walking around, looking so fat" and I was like, "what" and she said, "you know, fat, tooo much fat"

these people to shut up and realise we are all beautiful on the inside.