British Military Fitness

Options
Hello everyone, do any of you UK folk do British Military Fitness (BritMilFit / BMF)? I've started going and can't work out how bestto log it as an excercise. We're not allowed to wear any jewelry including HR monitors so I can't use that to track kcals and we do such a variety of things it wuld be impossible to remeber it all and log each individual exercise. Any ideas? :smile:

Replies

• marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Isn't it just a form of circuit training... bootcamp style?
  • queenpersephone
    Options
    I did one of the free taster sessions the other week (nearly killed me :embarassed: and totally stamped all over my delusions of being 'moderately fit' lol) I logged it as circuit training cos they said that's what it is, really.
  • Bigsportygirl
    Bigsportygirl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! General circuit training it is. I just thought it might be a few more calories as there is so much running around but I guess if it is then underestimating the calories will only give me a pleasant surprise come weigh in day :happy:
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I thought the same when I have done circuit training after looking at what I could burn but the standard on here is a little off on the tings I do and have to ajust my times to match my Cals burned so don't be to down hearted with it.
  • Samcollier106
    Samcollier106 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I regulary do BMF in Manchester and they have no problem with you wearing heart rate monitors, they ask you not to wear watches but this is simply to stop you checking the time so that you concentrate on the exercise you are doing. A number of our members also wearing GPS trackers to see how far we have ran. As a general rule of thumb I can burn between 500-700 in a red class and usually between 400-600 in a blue class depending on the instructor and the type of exercise I am doing. Im sure if you have a quick word with yoru instructor they will have no problem with you wearing a monitor.