Struggling to get motivated :(

emmajaney
emmajaney Posts: 10 Member
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
Hello,
I've been on here for a month or so and I don't seemed to be getting any where! It's my own fault but I need to get into a good mind set! Did any one else have the same trouble getting started?
I lost 5 pounds in the first 2 weeks and have put 3 back on :(

Advice please
emma x

Replies

• shandy32
    shandy32 Posts: 193 Member
    I did.. what i do now is keep a picture of me the way i use to look with me and every time i feel temptation i look at this pic.
    It makes me feel guilty so the temptation soon goes away xxx
  • Hi I think it's harder when you don't have loads to lose. I need to lose between 1.5 and 2 stone and in the back of my mind I'm always thing, I could lose that in a few months (but I never do). I find it helps to go clothes shopping and look at all the summer clothes and think what I would look like in them now and when I have lost a couple of stone. I'm at the end of my second week and your post has reminded me to keep going! (I usually lose about 10 pounds and then think I can go back to normal and start putting it on again!)
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    hi, ive signed up for a 10k in july so thats all the motivation i need, cause if i dont put in the effort i wont get the result i want, i do think if u gt a goal to aim towards it makes it easier:flowerforyou:
  • Roraboosh
    Roraboosh Posts: 18
    I found putting a huge red question mark on my fridge helped me the first time I started losing weight. It subconsiously made me ask why! Also keep active about your change, tell people, talk about it keep it in the front of your mind :)
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    I found results really help motivate me!
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    EbonyGemstoneHealth Posts: 249 Member
    Hi I think it's harder when you don't have loads to lose. I need to lose between 1.5 and 2 stone and in the back of my mind I'm always thing, I could lose that in a few months (but I never do). I find it helps to go clothes shopping and look at all the summer clothes and think what I would look like in them now and when I have lost a couple of stone. I'm at the end of my second week and your post has reminded me to keep going! (I usually lose about 10 pounds and then think I can go back to normal and start putting it on again!)

I'm the same! LOL
    I also need to get rid of this mentality! D:
  • wpooh313
    wpooh313 Posts: 3
    I have a few things that have motivated me this time around. 1. My daughter who is 2 and I struggle to keep up with her because of my weight. 2. A person I met at the gym-I didn't know her, but she started talking to me and told me her story-she was over 300 lbs and has lost 140 so far on her journey. I look at her in the gym and say to myself, "If she can do this so can I!" She's older than me, weighed more than me when she started, and works out harder than me! 3. I am constantly asking God to help me with my temptations and my drive!
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    It is hard, not gonna lie. I didn't see any visible results till about 20 days in and within the 20 days, I lost, gained, lost and gained. I think taking measurements and pictures are probably what's worked for me. I take a picture every 15 days and then compare it so I can see the differences. I do mental speeches a lot...so talking to myself to motivate me has worked...and whenever I really needed some kick in the *kitten*, I come on here! =) Good luck to you and don't give up. It will happen.
  • my first two weeks were hard also..it took me a little while to find the right workout and calorie amount.. I get my motivation from the clothes I have in my closet that I cannot wear..and my weight seems to be of the belly fat variety..Best of luck to you.. I think have friends on this site helps.. they give you the motivation on some days when you want to just quit.
This discussion has been closed.