Hi...I'm new

Options
Hello Everyone! I am so glad I found this site and I am excited to share thoughts with everyone. I am a 27 year old female with 2-year old twin daughters. I decided I can't use "I had twins" as an excuse for my weight anymore LOL. My main reason for joining this site is to lose about 25lbs. and get overall healthier! I want to a great example to my daughters and let them know it's important to take care of yourself. I also am going to be in a 3-on-3 Tournament in a month and I really need to get in shape! Can't wait to get to know all of you!

Replies

• jerramadole
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I am so glad I found this site and I am excited to share thoughts with everyone. I am a 27 year old female with 2-year old twin daughters. I decided I can't use "I had twins" as an excuse for my weight anymore LOL. My main reason for joining this site is to lose about 25lbs. and get overall healthier! I want to a great example to my daughters and let them know it's important to take care of yourself. I also am going to be in a 3-on-3 Tournament in a month and I really need to get in shape! Can't wait to get to know all of you!
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hi jerramadole!

Welcome to MFP.
    I too have to stop using the "I have 2 daughters" excuse.
    My oldest is going to be 7 and the baby is going to be 2 so time to do something.
    What is a 3-on-3 tournament?
    This site & the members really help you get motivated.
    I have been on this site for 2 weeks and have lost 3 pounds.
    8 more to go... can't wait!
    If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to post.
    Good luck!!

~Joanna
  • jerramadole
    Options
    Hi Skinnier_Me
    The 3-on-3 tournament is a basketball tournament at my friends college. It is an Alumni game. I haven't played on a team in like 10-years. I can't believe it's been that long. wow!
    I really hope I can lose a little weight and get in shape. I have about a month until the tournament.
    That is awesome you have lost 3 lbs. I think I have already went over my calories for the day..I guess I need to work out pretty hard tonight...salad for dinner:)
    I think maybe I need to eat a lower calorie breakfast...I'll try that tomorrow!
    ** I cook about 3 meals a day for my family...makes it so hard to stay under calories...anybody have an tips?***
  • suzannehusted
    suzannehusted Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i also cook three meals a day ... i try to drink a full 8 oz of water 30mins before i eat, usually what will happen is i will drink my water then i will cook my meals.... i found that tip somewhere and it really seems to help, or maybe its all in my head.. either way it works.. keep us up to date on how the 3-on-3 turns out.
  • jerramadole
    Options
    Oh...yeah...I will for sure try the water! I am so scared about the tournament....I sure hope I can get in shape!!!:) Thanks for the suggestions!