help me get my sexy back! New to messages, blogs, etc...help

Options
Hey their out there. Ive been on myfitnesspal for a little while now, but this is my first post! I really want to get into this soooo here i go!!!.....I have never been satisfied with my weight and now Im more motivated then ever to get it together!I I'm 24yo, so old! (i know its not, but i do feel old, thats another story though). I really wanna be happy when i look in the mirror so im really trying to make it happen now. I'm going to Miami in offically 64 days! (but who's counting :happy:) and want to finally be able to lay on the beach in a 2 piece and feel great about it! My goal is to lose 25 to 30 lbs with 2 months left, im down 8 now....(do u think i can do it?) Im not really a numbers girl, for me its all about how i look. I am a woman of color so i definitely don't wanna lose my curves but i def wanna lose the fat! I am currently doing ISANITY, a 2month hardcore HIIT program (google it if you dont know what it is and want to) and i think its going pretty well. I'm on the last week of my first month and im very proud of myself for sticking with it so far (i usually quit and workout program i start after 2 weeks). follow my blog (which ill try to update as much as possible...im going to try it), add me as a friend, send me messages, Hope some of you find my story interesting and wanna help keep me motivated, or find out whats going on with me and my progress:happy: . Im open to any questions or advice and i will do vice versa. I guess thats it for now. Wish me luck on my journey!!!

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi, yes u can do it just stay motivated, get a 2 piece and hang it up so u can keep looking at it:flowerforyou:
  • I commend you for doing Insanity and sticking with it!! I completed Insanity twice already and it's definitely tough!!!
    You can do anything if you put your mind to it!! Being a women of color you have natural curves but to be completely honest, something has to give. You will lose some curves and your butt will go down. However there are many program to help firm up those areas and keep them looking amazing. Try Brazilian Butt Lift and do squats :)

In two months losing 25-30lbs is a bit fast. The most effective and healthy way to weight loss and keeping it off is to have a goal of 1-2lbs a week. Are you eating healthly while your incorporating fitness into your schedule?
  • ItsAdama
    ItsAdama Posts: 4
    Options
    that's a really good idea, thanks!:happy:
  • ItsAdama
    ItsAdama Posts: 4
    Options
    this is true...but im already down 8! so its really 22 pounds now!!!:happy: I lost 8lbs already this month and the month isnt even over yet! So i will keep you updated and let you know what happends (i really hope i dont loose too much butt, ill be doing squats like crazy!:laugh:
  • DJHackman
    Options
    Hi there, ive found that pacing yourself without wearing yourself out makes exercise much more enjoyable and you will find you will definetly stick to it for the long haul, insanity is good but its only a short term thing. A little bit everyday wins the race, good luck and add me as a friend if you would like for us to keep each other motivated :happy:
  • I'M not saying its not possible but you want to make sure you lose it the right way. Losing large amounts of weight fast results loose skin if you give your body time to adjust to the weight loss. But you go girl! Keep me posted.
  • v2Fireko
    v2Fireko Posts: 27
    Options
    Ah, like your "older self" I have an issue to sticking to things long-term. I'm hoping to get back into Turbo Jam, because it was quite fun, but I'll definitely be making trips to the gym once I get my membership. After all, I can't let all that money go to waste :( Best of luck with your weight-loss journey. Feel free to add me as a friend, so that way, we can motivate and support each other towards our goals :)

ps. Curves? I envy you, haha.