nsv ?? ok, here is mine

Options
leomom72
leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
well, i have been losing inches, as i can tell when i put my pants on, they are much looser, but the real one is, if i wash my hands, and shake them off, or the thing tonight..my kids have a huge ball in their toy room, so i sat on top of it, and was pounding on it like a drum, and whoops, my wedding ring FLEW off my finger..guess it may be time soon to get it into a smaller size.. (sorry yall..i am exhausted and bored)

Replies

• ocsurfmama
    ocsurfmama Posts: 127
    Options
    Now that is something to be proud of and at least the ring just flew across the room and not down a drain! :)
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    That's great! I was telling my husband yesterday that when I lose a couple more lbs, I'm gonna have to do something about the rings.
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering...what does nsv stand for?
  • knothead76
    Options
    NSV is non scale victory. It's those little things that keep us motivated when the scale refuses to budge. (Which it likes to do so very often).
  • MissWait
    MissWait Posts: 160
    Options
    Woohoo! It's a great feeling when your rings get looser, mine are getting a little loose but not at the flying off stage yet!
  • edgehollow2
    Options
    I lost enough weight last year that my rings would slide too. But instead of getting mine resized my hubby bought me a brand new much larger diamond set that is a over a full size smaller!!!
  • britneybowen
    britneybowen Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I too noticed that my pants are fitting a little loser. I am feeling better about myself. I lost 5 lbs my first week but this second week I am pretty sure I lost inches. Some days I am just really unmotivated to workout. Ugh
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Ahh! Thanks. I got the general idea but for the life of me could not figure out what the acronym stood for.
  • michelegbowman
    Options
    REgarding resizing rings...

My sister in law's jeweler used this technique...

instead of damaging the ring by cutting it and removing part of the band, the jeweler molded two small nubs that look like tiny spheres onto the bottom interior of the ring.

It has the effect to make the ring fit properly, it is comfortable and it doesn't damage the gold band.

Just something to consider. I know how precious our symbols are and how meaningful the ring is for many of us.
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I had to stop wearing my wedding band over 2 years ago because my fingers had gotten to fat for the ring. I had always said 'I need to get that re sized' to myself. I was able to recently put it back on without getting it re-sized. :smile:
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I had to stop wearing my wedding band over 2 years ago because my fingers had gotten to fat for the ring. I had always said 'I need to get that re sized' to myself. I was able to recently put it back on without getting it re-sized. :smile: It's a little snug, but it will just get better from here on out.

Another small NSV I had happen the other day. The chairs in the auditorium where I watch my daughters choir concerts used to be down right painful to fit into. I found that I can easily and comfortably fit in them now. It is funny how we can measure inches being gone, but the impact does not sink in until you start seeing NSV's from the shrinkage. :laugh:

My wife and I are heading to Hawaii (Maui) for a week in August. She suggested a zipline adventure, my 'afraid to do anything fun wife' suggested this, I was shocked. So I had her check the weight limits for the ziplines. 260lbs wsa the max, so needless to say I have a new mini-goal weight. :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!