HELP please and thank you

Options
I keep going up and down the same .6 pounds...For the most part I follow my calorie intake between 1,300 and 1,500 calories and workout between 4 - 5 times a week. I feel stuck. Any suggestions??

Replies

• MissWait
    MissWait Posts: 160
    Options
    Maybe change your workout routine around a little, keep your body guessing?
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I don't know but I am interested in seeing your answers. I am finally starting to fight my way out of my bottom .8 lbs, but I am afraid of just yoyoing back up again. It's incredibly frustrating when you're working so hard.
  • BakingGranny
    BakingGranny Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I viewed your diary. It shows no water intake. That may be the prob. We need to flush out those toxins and fat cells.
  • paleonyx
    paleonyx Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but if it were me I'd up my workouts to 5-6 days per week, and add some intensity. If you're doing 30min workouts once per day, try adding another 20 or 30 mins at some point through the day. And add resistance training (weights) that really helps shed the pounds! I would probably also cut my calories down 100-200 less, and make sure to drink lots of water!
  • marte80
    marte80 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My suggestion-
    In looking at your food diary, I can see a few improvements that can be made. I would focus on eating good for breakfast, the most important meal of the day. Cheetos are great but they don't have the nutritional value a breakfast should have. Looks like you are not eating enough either. Even though you are working out, your body is holding on the food because you are not consistent with eating yet. Save pasta and heavy meals for lunch, dinner should be like a downhill slope. I am struggling with weight myself, but in order to keep it off we have to make realistic goals to lose weight. Try consuming more protein and less carbs in the morning, let me know how tha works!

You are making some good progress. Thinking of ways to fix your issues rather than giving up is a great attitude!

Hope this helps!
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    Looks like you're probably not eating enough. Calorie intake that low is pretty good for a quick loss or cleanse, but if you're working out that hard that often you need to fuel your body. Try increasing 200-300 calories and see how you do over the next few weeks.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Changing up your workouts and do it for about 45 minutes. From what another member said, chug down on that water. Also, change up your food. Don't eat the same things over and over.
  • MartiWillett
    MartiWillett Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great suggestions! I do drink a lot of water daily...I just never record it on my food log. I usually drink between 10 -12 8oz glasses at least. As for the cheetos for breakfast that was a fluke because I had forgotten to bring anything to work...I usually eat some kind of whole wheat cereal of a bar of some kind. I will try upping the intensity iof my workouts and not doing the same thing over and over. I will also try to eat a little more...although it makes me a little worried I will start gaining.
  • turboandrea
    turboandrea Posts: 108
    Options
    We have the same goal weight and we're the same height. I also started at 220 (joined MFP at 200). I had to start eating more to lose the weight. I eat 1800 calories a day and still lose at least a pound each week.
  • elloradannon
    Options
    I've also been yo-yoing between the same 5 lbs for months (usually going up during vacation.. blah). Part of it for me though is that I haven't been focusing. Here are some things that have helped me in the past when I've been "stuck" at a certain weight.

1. Light dinner (no bread, pasta, etc.) No eating after 6 PM. Drink a cup of tea before bed- this is the one I'm struggling with now and trying to get back into! It's hard but it really works.
    2. Cut out processed foods entirely. My rule is nothing over 3 ingredients in a product. As close to the earth as possible.
    3. Intense workouts 3 times a week, but some kind of light exercise on most other days (such as walking)
    4. Drink tons of water

Also, make sure that you are taking measurements. When I was with Weight Watchers for a year before MFP, I found it EXTREMELY helpful to measure- it kept motivation going for me. Even if I didn't lose any weight, just losing 1/2 inch on my waist would keep me excited! Good luck. Now I have to go and do what I preach :-)