Just joined...Switched from Weightwatchers

Options
I can't believe this website is free, it is 200% times better than WeightWatchers. I love the fact that I can see how much fat I've taken in if I'm not getting enough protein, etc., With the WW points system you have no clue of what's going on. I also love the fact that when I search for different types of food it's there, unlike WW where you have to type in 100 different ways to pick up a particular food or meal. I just pray this website will remain free because I am officially cancelling my subscription with WW today.

Replies

• TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I canceled my WW the day I signed up for MFP. This is definitely more of a way of life for me than counting points ever would be.

Welcome!
  • kristenanna
    kristenanna Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    great change from weight watchers! better way of tracking as you have a full understanding of what you eat as opposed to how many 'points' you ate, and you get great motivation from the people here too. stick to it :)
  • Sanya77
    Sanya77 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    :smile: welcome. Hopefully you will achieve your goals like every body else.
  • arw3b3
    arw3b3 Posts: 52
    Options
    Welcome!!!! My best friend just went back to WW and I'm trying tocomvince her to do this instead. Good luck to you!!!!
  • julesandrich
    julesandrich Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I so agree...this is a much better way for me to lose weight. I struggled with WW but here I feel as though I can actually make permanent changes to my diet.
  • Pinkribbon_Doc
    Options
    I joined WW back in December, and lucky for me, the program is free with my school....i dont follow the program at all though and just go in every week to get weighed.
  • forwardthinking86
    Options
    I couldn't agree more. I tried WW and it didn't work out for me. This seems much more practical. Good luck!
  • krsaxton
    krsaxton Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome! When I joined from WW I found that I would have plenty of points left, but not enough calories! No way can fruits and veg. be 'free'.... I am doing much better here! :)
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I switched over from WW too!!!!!! This site is so wonderful!!!!!
  • 4Calix
    4Calix Posts: 38
    Options
    Welcome!!! My sister just joined ww and I was going to do it with her but can't afford it so a friend introduced me to this site and I LOVE it so far.
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

You've just made a good choice. My sister was very successful using WW, but now with the new program and with her so close to her goal weight, it just wasn't working for her anymore. Plus the entire concept of free fruit and veggies seems a bit off since I've eaten an apple that was almost 100 calories by itself.

I think you'll find this way of eating more manageable and logical in the long run. So glad you found your way here. :)
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I joined WW online 3 days before hearing about MFP. I haven't been back. :happy:
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Welcome ! There is a lot if support out here!
  • shannonmaria
    shannonmaria Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP too. I was also going to WW before this. I kind of got discouraged with the new points system. I feel much more comfortable with MFP and less stressed. I actually enjoy keeping track of everything I eat on here because it's so easy. I'm looking forward to weighing in on Sunday. Good luck!!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I did WW years ago and just don't get the new points system... too confusing to me. Calories I understand.. so this is perfect for me! So glad this is free too, and the mobile app really makes tracking super easy! Plus the price can't be beat!!!! LOL!
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I switched from WW to this as well, maybe 2 weeks ago. The new PP program did not work for me. I maintained my weight or gained(5lbs), never lost over the 3 months I used WW. With MFP I have lost 3 lbs or so since starting. I don't feel like I am starving and don't crave sugar much anymore-if I do crave sugar I can control it now. I love this site and everyone is so helpful. I wish I started with this long ago! If you want, you can friend me. Good luck to you!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Nice! I canceled my subscription with WW about a week after starting here. This is waayyyyy better. Welcome!
  • candycana
    candycana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I went to one WW meeting just to check it out and came home so confused with the point system that I never went back. This is the first time EVER I've been able to not only keep track of what I eat, but also understand what I'm putting in my body. With my blood pressure issues this is crucial! And, more importantly, it's working! And because I'm learning about nutrition, I believe this will truly become a lifestyle change.

And you know what else I've learned? This is WORK! It's not easy. But I feel soooo much better. Physically and mentally. There's not magic pill. I tried that too. As soon as my doctor took me off of it, the weight came right back on because I'd learned nothing about what I was eating, AND I was barely exercising because the pill increased my metabolism for me. If you want to have a healthy body, you have to eat correctly, and WORK out!

Thank you, MFP! This is the first site ever that's made this journey possible for me!