New to MFP and excited about it!

Options
Hi!

I'm a mother of two pre-teen girls, and I work full-time. I am 41, and struggling to lose the 22 pounds that I've gained over the last year or so. I don't have alot of extra time for food prep or exercise, and I've lost my mojo...... I just can't seem to get motivated! One of my good friends told me about this site last night, and I'm hoping this will be the support and kick-in-the-butt I need to get me going!!!! I did dig out my bike last week, and went for a short ride. I've also been trying to walk. With the weather getting warmer, and the promise of better days ahead (and this awesome website)....I'm hoping to get a good kick-off to Spring! Thank you to the founders of this website for making it accessible! :)

Replies

• EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP...add me as a friend if you like....I love it here, for all the motivation, support and educational offerings!!!
  • mitts1970
    mitts1970 Posts: 56
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site - sometimes too good and I don't get as much work done as I should - but it is great! I look forward to logging in every morning. Use the tools, get lots of supportive friends (feel free to add me if you'd like) and stay with the positive attitude. I am 40, very sedentary and need to be healthier - that's why I'm here. Not necessarily to lose weight - but would be fantastic if 20 lbs came off while I am getting healthier :) Good luck and don't get discouraged - you can do this!

April
    mitts1970
  • debbiemacfarlane
    debbiemacfarlane Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Well welcome to MFP.. I started in January of this year and absolutely love this site. When I explain that I log my food intake in everyday, people say that sounds like a lot of work but it is more then that. I honestly didn't know how many calories I was putting into my body everyday. I had Tim Horton s muffin one morning during break at work... whole grain raspberry muffin 400 cal. I was shocked. Needless to say I would rather use those calories for more then a muffin. :O)

I am probably good to go ahead and make good choices now for myself but MFP is more then just logging in calories. it keeps you motivated. I see MFP friends working out and logging there exercise and I feel like I should as well. Doesn't matter what you do. Some days it is even just cleaning the house for 2 hours. lol

If you have questions, many people will happily answer the best they can from there experience. Your job is taking what you can from the advice.

Again, welcome. add me as a friend if you like.

Deb
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hi Tammy!
    Welcome to MFP...it is a great place to be :smile:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!This is an amazing site.Lots of support.Good luck!!:flowerforyou:
  • mschickiepoo
    mschickiepoo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    AWHHHHHHHHH you guys make me feel as though I really can do this! Thanks for the support! I'm actually working on my 4th glass of water, as we speak (UGHHHHHHHHH)......... So how do you add friends? and how do you get that neat little tracker for losing weight on the bottom or your comment???