vegetarians wanted

Options
Hi all,
I've been a member since Jan and love, love, love this site-it's made all the difference in the world to me. Right now, I'd like to add some vegetarian friends to my support network. I am almost vegan (I still eat eggs and some cheese--pizza is my biggest weakness) and I try to eat as cleanly as possible (but I'm not perfect). Add me if you want--I'd appreciate the company.

Replies

• Mo120
    Mo120 Posts: 20
    Options
    I am also a vegetarian, leaning towards a mostly vegan diet. I still eat fish, eggs and dairy product, but I'm working on phasing it out. Not that easy! I'll add you!
  • greengoddess1
    Options
    Just started the vegetarian road yesterday. My husband challenged us to 30 days of eating vegetarian. Hopefully I can get creative and not miss meat too much.
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I am also a vegetarian, leaning towards a mostly vegan diet. I still eat fish, eggs and dairy product, but I'm working on phasing it out. Not that easy! I'll add you!

Hate to break it to you, but fish are animals.
  • TamDTam
    TamDTam Posts: 115
    Options
    I dont know what to call what I am....I dont eat red meat and try my best to avoid diary... I eat lots of fish, chicken & turkey and vegetables. I would like to communicate more with people who have similar eating habits
  • stevo1078
    stevo1078 Posts: 26
    Options
    Just started the vegetarian road yesterday. My husband challenged us to 30 days of eating vegetarian. Hopefully I can get creative and not miss meat too much.
    You can always cheat a little...

Quorn, Fry's, gardein and many others offer tasty "meat like" alternatives to the real dead animal. Generally i eat a bit of it just to gain some protein in a smaller meal than you'd generally have to eat =)
  • jgover
    jgover Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'll add you. I need as many veggie friends as I can get. I used to be a really good vegetarian but backslid. I started a Vegan diet 1 month ago and only had a few slip ups.

I'm always positive when it comes to people trying to cut out meat and dairy. What ever you can do helps your diet and the animals. I can't stand when people criticize people for not going all the way Vegan. It's hard, and when you are ready, you will do it.
  • jgover
    jgover Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Way to GO!!! and good luck! There are tons of sites on the internet to help you be creative. It also gets easier the longer you do it. You should even start to feel better, just be careful and eat healthy. There are a lot of "junk" vegan foods.
  • bossmodehan
    bossmodehan Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    hey i'm 2 weeks into the vegetarian life and loving how creative i get to be in the kitchen!
    i was initially only intending to cut out red meat, and still eat fish and poultry but since i'm not missing it/craving it/needing it, i've not bothered with it!
    best of luck with your goals, i'll add you :flowerforyou:
  • VaporsWorld
    VaporsWorld Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hi! Been vegetarian for almost a year. Not vegan, but ill get there. Takes time learning new foods, what to do with things. It gets expensive and a little frustrating at times. After all its like totally retraining yourself after a lifetime of eating and preparing meat. But completely worth it.
  • hippiechel
    hippiechel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    also veg. anyone is welcome to add me!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Also a vegetarian......although I do *occasionally* eat seafood. So, technically, I'm a pescetarian :wink:
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for 11 years now. I try and eat vegan frequently, but I love cheese way too much to give it up completely at this point in my life. Feel free to add me!
  • Arielnesika
    Arielnesika Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I was raised vegetarian (with eggs and dairy) and I'm actually trying to broaden my protein options. I still would never really eat red or processed meat but I'm trying to incorporate a little chicken and fish. I have a lot of vegetarian experience, though!
  • Wyot25
    Wyot25 Posts: 12
    Options
    I've been a vegitarian for over a year now and its been awesome, it's why i've lost the weight. Im not strict about it though i still have the odd meal if im at a friends or whatever but thats still rare. I was bad last few weeks though and got sucked into the temptation of a Mcdonalds :/ only cause i hadnt had one for a year, i have to say it wasnt even that nice Blughhhh :grumble:
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options

Hey there! I've been vegetarian for 2.5 years. If you're looking for recipes, I highly recommend the book Veganomicon. It has tons of interesting but accessible recipes that got me to try all sorts of food like tempeh, jicama, kale... ingredients I'd just never really used before I stopped eating meat. And it's also a great resource because in addition to the recipes it tells you how to deal with individual ingredients (like roasting a whole eggplant then scooping out the soft inside for a dip---yum!). And of course, there are lots of food blogs out there written by vegetarians that are also very health-oriented. If you would like any specific names, let me know :)