Carbs

Options
What are the biggest side effects of eating too many carbs?

In this instance I'm talking carbs from Pasta, very little % of them are sugars. As I absolutely love pasta, could eat it all day everyday, I just want to know when to stop.

Replies

• Keefypoos
    Keefypoos Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    the display on your weighing scales increases!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

In this instance I'm talking carbs from Pasta, very little % of them are sugars. As I absolutely love pasta, could eat it all day everyday, I just want to know when to stop.

Is it whole wheat or white pasta. If white almost 100% of the carbs are "almost" sugar, and will spike blood sugar similar to sugar. Carbs are great for you if they are the right kind (whole gain, no white cabs). It is the easiest source of energy for your body to use, so if you exercise a lot your performance would be enhanced by eating carbs.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    the display on your weighing scales increases!

Not is you are still under your total calories for the day. To gain weight you have to take in more calories and you burn.
  • jjkissinger
    Options
    Sadly, carbs = calories. So if you are counting calories then you won't be eating a lot of pasta. I make my own pasta and love it, but you can't eat it often and lose weight.
    Jim
  • Steveeee
    Steveeee Posts: 62
    Options

Is it whole wheat or white pasta. If white almost 100% of the carbs are "almost" sugar, and will spike blood sugar similar to sugar. Carbs are great for you if they are the right kind (whole gain, no white cabs). It is the easiest source of energy for your body to use, so if you exercise a lot your performance would be enhanced by eating carbs.

Wheat

72g of Carbs per 100g, 2.5g of which are sugars is what I am looking at right now. I'm planning on having some later, which will put me over my carbs, but still about 300 calories under my daily
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    your hiney is bigger in the morning:sad:
  • MommyPower
    Options
    I would limit your pasta intake to 2x a month and portion it to the correct serving size. Do not over eat.
  • tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    Options
    It really depends how your own body works, mine I eat no grains or I bloat like a balloon and want to sit on the couch and do nothing. This is why I eat primal and weight loss is just a nice side effect. But not everyone is like me, so do what works for you and your body.