I'm new and lack motivation.

Options
Hello!

My name is Kristi. I'm new to MFP. I lack the motivation I need to lose weight. I have lost a couple of pounds recently from just eating well and always taking the stairs, however, I know that this phase wont last long enough for me to lose the weight that I want to.

Anyway, just wanted to say a quick hello!

Replies

• curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Hello! good luck, this site will help u loads if u take it seriously.
  • Itsmetimi
    Itsmetimi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kristi! I know how hard it can be to get motivated, but this system is pretty easy to use. You will do fine as you have lots of support here.
  • Zaxmon
    Zaxmon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Motivation is the hardest part, imo. But if you keep checking in, people will respond!
  • Trevorman302
    Options
    Motivation is all frame of mind. Here is a phrase that I tell my clients to remind themselves each and every day: "NOTHING tastes as good, as LOOKING GOOD feels!"

MFP will be a great source of "accountability" to help you achieve your goals! Best wishes!
  • JujiBean
    JujiBean Posts: 187
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this too....but it seems pretty simple to use. I used to belong to Weight Watchers online and I found that just the logging of food and exercise provided motivation in and of itself. Good luck to you!
  • jantim1990
    jantim1990 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome!
    If you use this site and log your food and exercise, I believe it will help you. All the ppl on here are very supportive and will help you with the motivation. I know MFP sure has helped me. I've only been using it a little over a week and have already lost 2 pounds. Good Luck! (Will send a friend request...I wll help anyway I can!)
  • kristanickerson
    kristanickerson Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am not terribly over weight but I am a chronic over eater, I also lacked motivation until i followed faithfully for an entire week and immediatly found that I felt more awake and my digestion was working better after 1 WEEK...that was all the motivation I needed stick with it you'll see results.
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have learned so much from this site...things others have told me, but I needed to see the numbers for myself. I was surprised to learn that I really don't eat much during the day, but that my calories tend to come at night. I learned just how many calories were in a glass of White Zin (wow!). I learned I could burn a lot of calories just by making myself useful and helping my husband shovel snow. The site gives you numbers that are very useful for motivation, At least that is what I have found.
  • MommyPower
    Options
    You can do it. Its really hard at first. Don't look at it as a diet. Look at it as a way of life! :happy:
  • joanndixon
    Options
    hello i joined this week so i am new also and complained of lack of motavation but i've logged on everyday and completed my food diarys and exercise diarys, i dont know if i have lost any weight yet cos my weigh in is on a monday but i now find myself not wanting to eat choc (which is my hardest thing to stop eating) because i have to log it and i dont want to see how many calories are in it. lol so hope this site works for you too it has certainly gave me a kick up the bum i needed and hopefully monday ill see some results on the scales
    good luck :)
  • d6lvlq
    d6lvlq Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow, there is so much support here. This is great!! Thank everyone, I think this will help me out tons.