The belly fat

Options
I'm a new member and I'm excited about being a member. I looking for ways to lose belly fat and keep it off. I'm tall so I not real fat but my belly is round. Anybody have any suggestions

Replies

• BrazilExtreme
    Options
    Belly fat was my big problem too. A few things that I have learned are to avoid alcohol in any form (even so called lite beer). Also, you can work out your abs, but you cant spot reduce. You will still have to do fat burning cardio to eliminate the fat. I hope that helps somewhat:)
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Firstly, welcome to MFP. You will get great support on here.

I have a DVD the 10 minute solution - Blast Off Belly Fat. It has 5 x 10min workouts; you can do 1 or all of them.

I have a long way to go but I can see a difference already.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I'm eliminating alcohol completely until May ( our cruise) and doing a lot of ab work. Building muscle burns fat, so extra ab work and lots of cardio. Along with core work, planks, push ups, etc.

Good luck!
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Yeah the only way to get rid of belly fat is to reduce your overall body fat %. Low carb, lean low-fat protein and no junk food.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    cardio & planks will reduce body fat (you can't spot reduce) and strength your ab muscles more efficiently.
  • Lady_G
    Lady_G Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have a big belly and this appears to be where I store most of my fat. I have managed to reduce it by doing between 300 and 600 Ab crunches per day. Now I know this sounds like quite a lot but I have been breaking them down and doing them in several sets over the course of a day. I have also changed my diet and cut out a lot of fatty foods and have been doing this since the beginning of the year and have to say that I have started to notice a difference.

I always had problems in getting clothes to fit me properly because I was an odd shape, but recently I have started to notice that things that I wear fit so much better because I have lost weight on my belly. I need to lose some more though.

Good luck in your quest.
  • etroupe
    etroupe Posts: 54
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Reducing junk foods and lots of cardio and water! while ab exercise will tone up the muscles you have to burn off the fat to see it..so get your walk, jog or run on, slap in a dvd or hit the gym and you will burn off that belly fat in no time : )