How do you log Insanity exercises?

Options
I might have already asked this...but how do you log your insanity exercises? I've been just putting "cardio"...but that just doesn't seem 100% correct.

~~Elisa

Replies

• katebrennan
    katebrennan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use the vigorous calisthenics on the exercise finder tool/database for the number of minutes. It turns out to be roughly 360 calories burned for a 40 min. DVD. (not the recovery one for month 1 though...that's not very vigorous) It seems a little low for how hard I feel that I'm working but I'm not spending $100 on a heart rate monitor to see an extra few calories burned. Better under than over I guess.

I'm interested as to how others are doing this as well.

~Kate
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I use my heart rate monitor and log it in manually at the bottom you can add exercise to database and I just enter the name of the workout (you only have to do it once because it saves it so when you do that workout again you just type in the name of the workout) I did Pure Cardio today and for 38 minutes (started the clock when the warm up started and turned it off at the end) I burned 361 calories. I do the same thing for my P90x dvds. You can get HRM's on amazon cheaper than in the store they even have used ones. I have the Polar FT4 and got it for 80.00 I love it I used to have the Polar F4 but my dog used it as a chew toy lol..
  • SwissMaedel
    Options
    Thanks everyone! MrSyac2, is there any way you can save the exercises so that we can use them too (similar to when I enter a new food and the ones with an * are added by a member?)
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! MrSyac2, is there any way you can save the exercises so that we can use them too (similar to when I enter a new food and the ones with an * are added by a member?)

I save them but I don't know if MFP allows the other members to see them. See if it shows up? Go under exercise and type just P90x and see if any workouts show up and the same goes for Insanity-- if not you would have to type them in individually but they will be saved for you to use again.
  • SwissMaedel
    Options
    Nope, doesn't show up. =( Too bad. I will use the generic terms then. Thanks!