Never tried this before

Options
Hey all! Thought that I would introduce myself. I am Marcey and I am on a mission, really a life mission. I have started doing a bunch of things differently in order to be happier and feel better about myself and my choices. It just seems that weight loss goes along with that.

I have been overweight nearly my whole life, but that has never stopped me from seeing myself as sexy and confident. But I have hit that point where I am tired of being the heaviest one around my friends. I want to be able to shop at cheap, cute clothing stores instead of relegating myself to the few that provide decent plus-size options. My weight loss goal is 55 lbs, but I know that it will take time. Hopefully, less than I anticipate though.

Currently, I am trying to give up the following vices: caffeine and smoking. Pretty much insuring that my friends and roommates are going to hate me. lol

Well wish me luck, as I wish all of you luck and fortitude in your weight loss endeavors. :)

Replies

• RoxMyWorld
    RoxMyWorld Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    WOW...losing weight and giving up smoking and caffine you are one brave gril...GOOD LUCK!!! Be strong!
  • roadbiscuit2000
    Options
    Good luck on your journey to a healthier and better you. You will find that this is a great place to gain ideas and support along the way, welcome!
  • pearlymarcey
    pearlymarcey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Aww...thanks! I know it will be tough, but I really only smoke about 5-6 times a day and sometimes less, so it shouldn't be so hard.The caffeine thing is really more about the fact that I don't do it every day, but when I don't I get the worst headaches in the world. So I am just trying to wean myself down to a comfortable one drink a day.

Thanks for the good wishes though. :)
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Gum... lots and lots of gum.
  • ITSSODAMNHOT
    ITSSODAMNHOT Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! You've found the right spot to start. Get some friends on here that keep you motivated (I recently sent a request for friends that will motivate and they are always encouraging me and pushing me to stay on track. ) I just sent you a friends request. Make this your new social network =^) Again good luck and work hard! It will pay off.

God Bless,
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Headaches from the caffeine and coffee withdrawal only last for a few days... so if you can plan those few days when you think you can handle it the best... that's the trick.
  • aimdawson
    aimdawson Posts: 31
    Options
    Those are great goals. Yes, your friends will hate you but it will be worth it in the end for sure. Start slow so you don't get discouraged. Maybe give up one thing at a time. This website is a great source of encouragement, information and accountability. Good luck.
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Wow!

You're definitely off to a better you. Good luck on reaching your weight loss goal and quitting smoking and caffine. I will tell you if you consistently use this site/app and exercise you will lose weight.

Since I have started using this site nearly 2 months ago I have lost 14 pounds. So it does work.

Good luck and Godspeed!
  • melissasuerowan
    Options
    hi my name is melissa,Im new here to..But this is a place to post at because I like its so easy to do.Im here if you need any help.

Melissa
  • JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Thats Great...I quite smoking in January and by the end of January joined a gym and found this site in February...its great !!!

Good luck to you ...feel free to add me as a friend :bigsmile:

4802846.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools