i think i broke my plateau!

Options
YAY! i lost weight pretty consistently from august through mid-december (about 21 pounds or so). then, i ping-ponged between 196.5 and 198 for about 12 weeks! *extremely* frustrating. i recently upped my water intake to 12 servings (96 ounces) per day, and i have *finally* seen the scale move down for my past two weigh-ins! and this morning i peeked, and i was down again to 194.2 - of course, that's not official yet, but to even see that number really psyched me up.

so those of you with uncooperative scales - STAY THE COURSE! it will happen eventually - just keep doing the good stuff and your body will comply! and i think my biggest accomplishment was keeping to my healthy lifestyle even without losing weight - i realized that i'm commited to doing all of this for ME and not for my scale - very proud of myself today!

Replies

• ejha77
    ejha77 Posts: 63
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm on a plateau myself, and it's so easy to get discouraged. I'm trying to shake things up a bit; no alcohol, exercise more, even eat more in the hope that *something* will work. When you're going through it, it's hard to believe it will end!
  • Dizzyone825
    Options
    Great Job!!!!!
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Wooohoooo, Chan!!!!
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    wonderful, I had same issue and i finally broke through too
  • WashingtonGrown
    Options
    Great job! That helped me get over my stall too, also eating more calories since I wasn't eating enough for my activity level. My scale finally moved a little today after 2 weeks at the same #. I've been eating really clean this week and trying to exercise even more.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    That's great! I am trying to break mine right now.
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    this is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mochama12487
    mochama12487 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I was in a plateau for three weeks, and all of a sudden, I have lost 3 pounds in a matter of a week. Grant it, this last pound is because I was sick, but still.... feels good to be losing again!
  • AlisonMacKay
    Options
    Awesome job keeping up with it. You are right. It's not just about losing the weight, it's also about more of a healthy life style. Congrats on your accomplishments!
  • scgma
    scgma Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    ooooo Thank you !!!! I am at 23 lbs lost as well and have only lost 1 lb since joining here about 3 weeks ago...I was starting to wonder what I was not doing right !!!!
    I really needed to hear your post...STAY THE COURSE!!!!
    We will get it!!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! ya'll just keep rocking it out like you always do!
  • kgillikin
    kgillikin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    YAY! i lost weight pretty consistently from august through mid-december (about 21 pounds or so). then, i ping-ponged between 196.5 and 198 for about 12 weeks! *extremely* frustrating. i recently upped my water intake to 12 servings (96 ounces) per day, and i have *finally* seen the scale move down for my past two weigh-ins! and this morning i peeked, and i was down again to 194.2 - of course, that's not official yet, but to even see that number really psyched me up.

so those of you with uncooperative scales - STAY THE COURSE! it will happen eventually - just keep doing the good stuff and your body will comply! and i think my biggest accomplishment was keeping to my healthy lifestyle even without losing weight - i realized that i'm commited to doing all of this for ME and not for my scale - very proud of myself today!

This encourages me since I too have been on a 3 month plateau. I will try increasing my water today and see if that helps me as well.
  • jteammom
    jteammom Posts: 173
    Options
    It is always helpful to know that I am not the only one. I keep reminding myself... it's not about the scale, it's about my health...but I'm old school. I want to see lower numbers on the scale!!!
  • batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Options
    Well done had the exact same problem for 3 months but think I may have cracked it too. What is it with weight & 3 months????
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Thanks for sharing your story. Persistence pays!
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I plateaued at 180 a month ago and then after 2 weeks of sitting there I went up....EEK. Now I broke my plateau of 190 and am dropping again. I did notice the more water I take in the quicker I drop.
  • ejha77
    Options
    I broke mine today! It does happen.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! congrats!!
  • ejha77
    Options
    Thanks! It's so hard to believe that the weight will drop eventually.
  • Melonmorrow
    Melonmorrow Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I'm at about the same weight as u and really struggled this last month going from 198 to 197. U have inspired me even more to stick with it.