starving at midnight

Options
Last night I couldnt sleep. Mainly bc of my bf snoring, the other was my stomach grumbling ALL night. I went out and had two glasses of water but that didnt help. Finally, I did a bad thing and at 3 in the morning, I had two peanut butter crackers.... I know you shouldnt do that but am i ok for today? I know that I have been eating about 1100 calories a day but I am full at night. What do I do so that my stomach isnt grumbling at night?

Replies

• JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Do you eat your exercise calories too? You might not be eating enough during the day..
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Lol my boyfriend snores too, like a chainsaw. When that happens I get him a glass of water and make him drink it, it helps a lot! (been doing this for almost 3years now).

If you can I'd try for something a little less peanut buttery, if you feel it necessary to eat something. Sometimes I wake up at 3am and my stomach is killing me, normally cause I didn't eat correctly for dinner! In that case I'll grab some baby carrots or a handful of cherrios with a glass of water, and I'm good til morning, and still only at about 30cal.

Good luck!
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    shirtswiththumbholes Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    oops double post!
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    shirtswiththumbholes Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Usually when I get hungry I go to sleep haha. Unfortunately that's the best I can do to not overeat past midnight =/ Although two peanut butter crackers is nothing compared to the macaroni and cheese and then the doughnut that I ate the other night. It was a bit of a fail. Luckily that is extremely rare for me because I just do the "okay go to bed now" method.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    When I first began my weight loss journey, the dietician my doctor sent me to told me to "be sure to eat 'something' in the evenings." Well, lots of people will tell you not to eat after 6PM. The dietician said that you need to eat smaller meals more frequently so that you keep your metabolism rev'ed up and working harder, even while you are sleeping.
    I try to eat something relatively healthy before I head to bed (but not right before)......an apple, some yogurt, a handful of nuts. If you eat something with protein, you will feel full longer (and peanut butter does have protein:wink: )
    You might try to eat something in the evenings so that you aren't hungry during the night.
    Kaye
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Eat some veggies before bed. They are low in calories, and can really fill you up.
  • rosebrowning
    Options
    I don't know why it's happening, but it's happening to me too! For the last week I am hungry at night. Someone told me to drink some cucumber water with a little bit of lemon in it.

I would say don't beat yourself up and start over this morning. Good job!
  • roadbiscuit2000
    Options
    Banana, they tend to keep you full longer. I eat several a day and usually one in the evening. I agree with thosealready posted that eating smaller frequent meals or snacks all day long will result in you feeling full and satisfied thoughout the day and night.
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I think my body was telling me something. I think I am not eating enough during the day. I just felt so guilty but I couldnt sleep and I tried water first.
  • lareyna124
    Options
    never go to bed hungry. Eat cottage cheese or a protein shake.
  • Loggerwife
    Options
    If your stomach is growling I don't think you will be able to just go back to sleep. I would try a low cal snack, either some fresh fruit, or veggies or some of the 100 calorie popcorn packs.
  • kathyp429
    Options
    Hi..I stay up late but learned to eat my supper at 8pm. I include enough protien, chicken etc and then I can last. At 5pm I eat a small salad so it is not so long between lunch and supper. It's a matter of spacing. Water was a good idea but, sometimes u just need something on your stomach! Good luck.
  • foleykm22
    foleykm22 Posts: 32
    Options
    IS 1100 cals enough? Maybe you should think about making your dinner more substantial? I was STARVING last night too!!!!
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    If TOM is on its way, that could be to blame... i find when i am pmsing, my tummy is grumbling for food about 90% of the time... if that is the case for you, try upping your calories for the week. It seems to help me some!
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I just finished my TOM. I wasnt even that hungry on it. Maybe its a delayed reaction. Right now, my stomach is grumbling and I already ate breakfast (an hr ago). I do not know what is going on. I am not hungry but my stomach wont stop grumbling. UGH
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I get this sometimes, too, depending on what I ate during the day. I am a fan of whole wheat saltines, myself. I toss a couple of those in my mouth, with a glass of water, and Im good to go. Im also a grazer (when I can anyway...), so my body notices when I wait too long to eat.