Hidden Blessings.

Options
That is how i view my ex husband calling me a "Fat Cow' then cheating on me and leaving me. I was 260lbs of fat, lazy and pitiful. I was over weight for a number of reasons, i had just had a baby, i had hypothyroid disease, i was an alcoholic, my birth control killed my metabolism, and last but not least i was depressed. I turned to eating as my only comfort and used my son as an excuse to not go to the gym. (child care is too expensive, its to hard to find babysitters, yada yada yada bla bla bla). Then one day my world came crashing down. My now ex came in and said he had filed for divorce and i had 2 months to move out. I had no job and no place to live and no money. But i had a goal. To show my ex what he has lost and make him regret it. Looking back i had alot of resentment in me. not just for him but for my self. How did i become this bad? and i knew the reason, not only was a full of fat i was full of excuses too and the excuses are worse then the fat. So i set out with my goal. I dropped 100lbs over 4 and a half months. It was not healthy weight loss but it was weightloss none the less. all my money went to daipers, food and clothing for my son. i walked places because i had no gas in my car and i stopped going to BK McDonalds and Hardees due to no money in my wallet. I got a job that was commision based and i walked and worked til i collapsed. My ex had deployed for those 4 months so it was a great time to do it. When he came back i walked in 100lbs lighter and looking hot!!! every blister, every night i went to bed hungry, every mile i put behind me was worth it to make his jaw hit the floor the way it did. Goal accomplished. But it did not put my marriage back together. it did not make my world perfect. and realizing this it made alot of that resentment melt away both towards my ex and myself. I have managed to keep the majority of the weight off. (i gained 20 comfort lbs when i married the love of my life) I am working hard and eating healthier to get the last 40 lbs off. My goals are different now too. I want to buy a skimpy black dress and wear it with pride, I want to run a marathon by my 30th birthday, And i want to be there for my great grand children. I want to be able to chase my children around the house and not be winded. and i want my husband to look at me and wonder how he got that lucky to have me. But most important is i want to do this for me. When life gives you lemons make lemonade with low calorie sugar substitute. Find motivation in everything including the bad. Chose goals that drive you the hardest even if they are selfish and self serving because in the end it is you that has to be motivated. Dont let people judge your goals. they are yours not theirs. I view my divorce as a blessing, if he had not pointed out my "issues" at the rate i was going i would have been dead by now. I would never have met my husband and i would never have my beautiful daughter. I have a loving and supportive family and that means the world to me.
sorry this is kind of out of order and jumbled together, its kind of how my brain runs.

Replies

• papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    nice :wink:
  • Marli13
    Marli13 Posts: 23
    Options
    Luv it well done :happy:
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Best thing I've read in weeks. Thanks!
  • kaizen31
    kaizen31 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You've done wonderfully; what an inspiration!!
  • DOTY1
    DOTY1 Posts: 97
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing :heart:
  • erinnmcpherson
    Options
    I think your advice was the best I've heard all year, and exactly what I needed to hear right now.... so thanks!
  • Hummmingbird
    Hummmingbird Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you! And great post and great read!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Thamk you for sharing.
  • ngolston
    ngolston Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I don't know what else to say but congratulations on finding the love of your life and living healthier! Your post reminds us that you have to learn from the good and bad things that happen to us, to participate and not just be carried along for the ride. You could have given up but you didn't and this is inpiring.
  • csmall614
    csmall614 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You go girl! I'm wiping tears from my eyes.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.What an accomplishment!You should be so proud of yourself.:flowerforyou:
  • Erica9903
    Erica9903 Posts: 156
    Options
    Awesome testimony!!! Thanks so much for sharing this story. You brought tears to me eyes. I'm so thankful that God came through for you and has provided you with the tools to turn your life around. Congrats on a job well done!!!
  • sam23030
    sam23030 Posts: 76
    Options
    Thats a great story, your determination is admirable and by working that hard to achieve your goals you must have felt very proud!
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    there is a reason for everything, he did you a favor!!!! You lost the weight and found true happiness!!!!!!!!!!! awesome story :) I try very hard to not get upset when things dont go as planned and I keep reminding myself that the man above must have a different plan for me and he is usually right. even though at the time it doesnt seem so it all works out in the end as you have seen !! Great story Thanks for sharing :)
  • sethra
    sethra Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Happy that you found someone new and that you used the negative in your life to turn into a positive
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting. Your are an inspiration to many of us. Thanks again.:flowerforyou:
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing....Such a beautiful inspiration. Congratulations :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!