weird positive of fitness NSV

Options
skinimin
skinimin Posts: 252 Member
Very random NSV... I am a nail biter, have been since I was 5.

I have tried the polishes to no avail. I have managed to stop cold turkey multiple times in the last two years but working environments either made them break or weak. OR SO I THOUGHT!! Never have I been so healthy, I added no nail biting to my new lifestyle change. Usually they will grow and then flake/break/become brittle you name it and it's back to short nails and biting.

BUT oh my gosh my nails are not only getting long, they are the strongest I have ever had them be and they look sooo nice!! Sorry but this is really exciting for me and an awesome/random/unexpected NSV and side effect of healthy eating and exercise.

Replies

• Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Way to go!

My nails have always been really brittle and flexible??? So I hope to follow in your footsteps! :drinker:
  • Mrs2Mac
    Mrs2Mac Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What does NSV mean? Congrats on the nails - I'm noticing the same thing with myself as well!
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Me too! Congrats!:bigsmile:
  • Missjenn98
    Options
    What does NSV mean? Congrats on the nails - I'm noticing the same thing with myself as well!

NSV-means Non Scale Victory

Something that happens that is resulting from your weight loss journey but may or may not have to do with actual pounds coming off. I.e. clothes fit better, someone notices how better/different you look, etc.
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm noticing this as well!!!! Avid nail biter right here but I've managed some self-control the past couple months and they are definitely strong.

Hvae you tried Sally Hansen nail grow polish though? IT IS AWESOME and makes your nails look nice and shiny and strong so you don't want to bite them!
  • dmoyler
    dmoyler Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that my nails are growing as well...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!