Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Stretchy Jeans

No more stretchy jeans.

Last November I weighed 215 and I bought stretchy jeans for comfort. On January 2nd, I started MFP at 230 pounds (I am only 5'1).. YES I HAD GAINED 15 POUNDS" and I was still wearing those stretchy jeans.

My point is when we wear stretchy clothes we do not notice weight gain. With regular clothes, we feel them getting snug. So from now on I make myself a promise to never buy stretchy clothes again, I do want my clothes to feel snug when I gain a few pounds. That snug feeling will be a reminder to keep watching my weight.

Another downfall - as of today I have lost 24 pounds and I still fit in the same stretchy jeans and because of that people don't seem to notice the weight loss. Well I will be getting rid of these stretchy jeans and buy regular jeans.

Thanks for letting me say my piece of mind.

Good luck everyone with your road to weight loss goals.

Lucie

Replies

• miznel80
    miznel80 Posts: 46 Member
    most of my clothes still fit me, granted I haven't loss a lot of weight. I am kind of glad they still do. I'm pretty sure no one wants to see me runnin around naked cuz I'm too lazy to shop for clothes :) I've always hated clothes shopping. :P
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    when i take my jeans that have elastic or whatever in them out of the dryer i swear someone whos a size 5 could fit into my size 13's. its ridiculous, what ever happened to non stretchy jeans??!?