I'm new!!!

Options
Hey everyone I'm new to this site. I joined in February and I'm struggling a little with losing. I just can't seem to stop those awful craves. But I'm not giving up and I'm just going to continue to keep trying!!! :happy:

Replies

• shandy32
    shandy32 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and goodluck x
  • arabiangirl_07
    arabiangirl_07 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks I'm going to give everything I have this time!!!
  • shandy32
    shandy32 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Good on you hun xxx
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi, drink plenty of water :smile:
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP... been in your shoes and would love to help!

One of the issues with cravings is finding an alternative you are comfortable with and trying to figure out how to address them.

Can you replace a craving with a healthier alternative? ie. french fries for carrot sticks?

Can you use the craving as a signal to drink a glass of water and go for a 10 minute walk?

I'm here to help if you want? add me.
  • finallylean
    finallylean Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!
  • loveandprideforever
    loveandprideforever Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP...your official tracking device. Ha ha. When you have a good day, enjoy it and give yourself some credit! When you have a bad day, don't dwell, but recognize that you will do better tomorrow (and then actually DO BETTER tomorrow).

Use MFP like you text message (if you do, that is. haha). Everytime you put something into your mouth, log it. Don't log until you eat it. Feel free to check on the calorie count via the search base if you are thinking of ordering something that you expect to be high in calories or if you are looking for the lowest calorie option.

Expect to be surprised by how much you really can stick to your guns about being seriously working towards a goal.

AND ABOVE ALL ELSE: Believe that you can do this! Work with others to stay accountable! Never think it's too late to change!
  • stephstuff
    Options
    Sounds like we are in the same boat! It is easy gaining but seems impossible to lose but you can do it! I am the worst when it comes to dieting and I have lost 9.4 lbs so far so if I can do it YOU can do it!! Mind over matter!! Good luck!
  • mnchkn0408
    mnchkn0408 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!!

I'm so happy I found my fitness pal. I joined a few days ago. I have 80+lbs to lose and have tryed so many different thing but between this web page the app for my phone and the facebook page I have never been more motivated!

Good luck to everyone.