Fat Free Cottage Cheese & Me

Options
Ok,

So I love full fat cottage cheese and the low fat stuff made me crazy until recently.....

I find, if I sprinkle my fat free cottage cheese with some Lawrys seasoning salt....it becomes very yummy!

Not sure how, or why but it does!

You should give it a try!

Especially good w/ sourdough wasa and seasoning salt!

I cannot live without the stuff now!:bigsmile:

Replies

• DisneyBride13
    Options
    Ok,

So I love full fat cottage cheese and the low fat stuff made me crazy until recently.....

I find, if I sprinkle my fat free cottage cheese with some Lawrys seasoning salt....it becomes very yummy!

Not sure how, or why but it does!

You should give it a try!

Especially good w/ sourdough wasa and seasoning salt!

I cannot live without the stuff now!:bigsmile:
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I also notice a big difference between regular cottage cheese and fat free....the other day I used a little bit of strawberry preserves on top and it was delish!
  • DisneyBride13
    Options
    I also notice a big difference between regular cottage cheese and fat free....the other day I used a little bit of strawberry preserves on top and it was delish!

oooh yum!
    what a great idea!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

I love cottage cheese, but that sounds really yummy with the seasoning!
  • butterjoy
    butterjoy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I ADD DANNON FAT FREE 4 oz. YOGURT TO MY FAT FREE COTTAGE CHEESE ALONG WITH A LITTLE BIT OF KASHI GRANOLA (ORCHARD SPICE OR COCOA BEACH) VERY DELICIOUS AND CRUNCHY!

JOY:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I ADD DANNON FAT FREE 4 oz. YOGURT TO MY FAT FREE COTTAGE CHEESE ALONG WITH A LITTLE BIT OF KASHI GRANOLA (ORCHARD SPICE OR COCOA BEACH) VERY DELICIOUS AND CRUNCHY!

JOY:flowerforyou:

A nice alternative to the sunflower seeds I was topping my cottage cheese with. While they are healthy, they are packed with calories!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    If you want to make it sweet, try a packet of splenda, cinnamon, & a couple chopped walnuts for some crunch. YUMMY!

Mixing in yogurt & fruit is good too.

I hardly ever eat it plain, I also add it to my oatmeal for a creamier consistency w/ more protein. :wink:

Jess
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Just eat the 2% with nothing in it. It tastes better and only had 20 more calories with 3 grams of fat. It also has 10 mg less sodium. If you add season salt, or other stuff to it you are just adding sodium or calories anyway.
  • Footprintz
    Options
    Another yummy choice is to put a dash of Zesty Italian Dressing...yummo
  • TexasBuckeye
    Options
    I like cottage cheese also......have been having it for breakfast or a snck with some no sugar added peaches or mandarin oranges. Yummy!!!!