Happy with the results.

Options
I'm a long way from the finish line, but I have to say that I'm happy with progress this far.

I started this venture in mid-January at 318 lbs. In 2 months I've lost 20lbs and sit here typing at 297. I haven't been under 300lbs since sometime back in high-school.

I wasn't finding it difficult to make the changes I've made (surprisingly) but seeing definite results makes those occasional cravings and feelings of apathy easy to overcome.

I've started lifting weights, and while I'm no behemoth, there's a noticeable difference in my upper body. I feel better than I did 20 lbs ago and I'm ecstatic with the realization that what I'm doing isn't work...but something I'll EASILY be able to maintain.

I like the fact that my tightest belt no longer holds up my pants (even though I'm too broke to afford new clothes), and I'm thrilled that my knee is hurting less the more weight I lose.

No pictures yet, but someday maybe. I'm a photographer for a reason...I get to stay BEHIND the camera! :-)

Replies

• ampointe
    ampointe Posts: 13
    Options
    Great job! The best feeling in the world is one of pride in yourself. More important that any number on the scale is knowing that you did your best and that you are feeling better about where you are! Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!