protein shakes/weight loss shakes

Options
can anyone recommend some good shakes for me?? thanks!

Replies

• hazeyskyy
    hazeyskyy Posts: 25
    Options
    Special K Milk Chocolate. :) It's tasty!
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Mix 1. I found these at Smiths- blueberry vanilla is yum. Gluten free, soy free, really delish. Carb to protein ratio of 2-1.

http://www.mix1life.com/home.aspx

:)
  • kayjay7171
    kayjay7171 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree, the Special K milk chocolate are the best I've found but they have too many sugars/carbs so I quit them.
  • jgerbe2
    jgerbe2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I use EAS 100% whey protein Vanilla. It has 23 g of protein. I mix it with 3/4 c of Skim Milk and some fruit with cinnamon or cocoa.
  • mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a post-workout shake that I make. I't 2 scoops of Trader Joe's Vanilla Flavored Whey protein, with 1 scoop of Garden of Life Perfect Food Berry powder. All the protein and greens and fruits you could want.
  • lorirogs
    lorirogs Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I make a shake every morning with Protein +, the protein per scoop is 26g and it's really low in sugars. Slim Fast shakes are very high in sugars and low in protein. You want to feed your body less sugars and more protein.
  • bopper
    bopper Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Google Dr. Aaron Tabor, the Slim and Beautiful Diet. He has low glycemic shakes and bars and they are really really good. If you have a FB account you can also access him there. QVC.com also has them.
  • JessieJacobs
    Options
    Pure Protein's Cookies & Cream protein powder. 130 cals per scoop, with 3g carb, 3g fat, and 25g protein. I mix mine with light vanilla soy or almond milk. It's best when blended with ice and you can add PB, banana, or berries, etc.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    protein: EAS 100% whey
  • TurboChels
    TurboChels Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like the Special K drinks. Also I also drink Shakeology. It contains over 70 vitamins and mineral for only $4 a day ! It turbo charges my workout results and I feel great because of it ! It comes in chocolate and greenberry flavor :)
  • Aethenoth
    Aethenoth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Whatever you get try to add 'filling' foods. I make a shake with oatmeal in it to help feel full.

Here's my breakfast shake recipie:

Serves 2

8oz vanilla almond milk
    4 oz orange juice (with pulp)
    2T ground oatmeal
    2T nonfat dairy yogurt
    1T agave nectar
    3 frozen bananas
    8 frozen strawberries
    ice

Its about a 16oz cup a piece
    It fills me up really good and lasts a few hours. I calculated that it has about 470 calories in it.
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    buy whey protein powder and make them yourselve. Its the most healthy and cost effective way. Many of teh store bought bottled one are packed with refined sugar.

Mix your powder with milk, or blend with milk and frozen fruit. There are so many options to make from home, its awesome.
  • currlygirrl
    currlygirrl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My favorite are the GNC Total Lean Shakes. They have chocolate, vanilla, cookies and cream ( my Favorite), strawberry and now I think they have a Blueberry one too. They are fantastic, really creamy even when made with water, taste AWESOME and have lots of fiber too.
  • NOLAdy
    NOLAdy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I like Muscle Milk Light. I bought some Jillian Michaels shakes because they were on sale and there's just too much sugar in them. CVS has some good powders... really good.