Newbie needs help!

Options
I am having trouble staying within my goal intake of 1300 calories and need some advice of low calorie foods that will fill me up. I find myself feeling like I am starving and end up eating a bunch of crap late at night! HELP!

Replies

• shandy32
    shandy32 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Aw hun have you tried drinking lots of water.?
  • lulutm
    lulutm Posts: 57
    Options
    Try eating lots of protein and keep your carb count under 70 grams. Lots of water too! That definitely helps....

1178051.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • summer_anne
    Options
    make sure you are filling your meals with LOTS of veggies on the side .... eat lots of protein for your din din.... then brush your teeth and be done for the day!
  • lphoenix129
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? I've never been much of a water drinker, but I've been adding Crystal Light and it makes it so much easier. I find that I get full faster. And with snacks in between meals, I hardly ever feel hungry. Yesterday, I had a small salad at lunch, by the time my snack time came around, I still felt full from lunch. I've also been told that the exercising has contributed to this as well.
  • donnadickens
    Options
    pickles- they have 0 calories.
    Broccoli- cooked or raw
    cabbage-cooked taste better..not slaw! lots of calories there!
    hot tea-drink it when your hankering to eat something
  • carrotstick
    Options
    add more fiber to your diet and eat a bunch of small meals throughout the day - like every 2-3 hours. When late night hits, keep some chopped vegetables in the fridge to pull out whenever you have the need to just munch on something - and eat as many of those as you want!
  • Wrldsbstmmy
    Options
    Like others have said, the water is very important, but try eating foods like dill pickles-0 calories, celery, carrots, or cucumbers without a high calorie dip, apples are great too, they have a lot of fiber. The more fiber you eat the fuller you will be, and the fewer carbs you eat(in processed foods, not fruits and veggies) the fewer cravings you will have. Hope this helps. :)
  • jalberhasky
    jalberhasky Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The first couple of weeks are really hard to stay under 1300 calories but you'll get use to it. I wonder now how did I ever eat over 1600 calories a day. I take a Lean Cuisine for lunch and then a mid-day snack (around 100 calories) and it leaves me room to eat more during breakfast and dinner. When I first started I had to try to stay around 1200 so most people on MFP feel your pain. Keep drinking water and eating smaller meals and you will make your goal!
  • trappedinfat
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your input. The last couple of days have been better. I have discovered that light and low fat foods really aren't that horrible. I have recently fallen in love with turkey bologna...Low in calories and tastes great. I have also learned that if I chug a water bottle before meals that I can't eat as much. Also If I am still hungry after my meals, I have learned not to deprive myself for fear of over doing it, because if I do, that's when the night eating happens.