Diary of a Fat Dad - new here

diaryoffatdad
diaryoffatdad Posts: 175 Member
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
I am new here, just created my profile. I am a morbidly obese individual who has been sparked into getting healthy by the birth of my newborn son. I am looking to lose around 130 lbs. Its going to be a long struggle and already has been.

I am a kinesiologist and health science researcher, I have a great deal of knowledge in the obesity and health related field but have never practiced what i preach. I am looking for motivation and willing to help motivate anyone else

please feel free to add me as a friend (i will do the same) and we can help eachother

check out my personal blog about my journey at http://diaryoffatdad.blogspot.com/

i look forward to hearing from you all

Cheers

Replies

• shandy32
    shandy32 Posts: 193 Member
    Hi and welcome to MFP.

Goodluck with your weight loss journey
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    welcome! you are going to love it here *S*

feel free to add me if you wish *S*
  • m2purple
    m2purple Posts: 38
    Good luck on your weight loss journey! And Congratulations on your new son :smile:
  • sst4324
    sst4324 Posts: 7
    Welcome to the sight from a fellow fat dad, this sight is pretty awesome.
    I am fairly new little over a month. I'm 41 with 2 wonderful kiddos, that is one of the reasons for my change of life.
  • DRager68
    DRager68 Posts: 28 Member
    Welcome to this site and let me tell you that you have found the path you're looking for here. I started here on 7/15/10 and I weighed 421 pounds. I now weigh 279 pounds. I track and log my calories everyday. I don't go over 1500 and I try not to go under a 1000 calories in a 24 hour period. The support of the people here are worth their weight in gold. I still have another 40 to 50 pounds to go but that is going to be easy for me now. I know I can finish it and I won't be going back because I have taught myself how to eat. I telling you this because you can do this too! Look forward to being your friend here on your journey! :)
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Welcome - hope you enjoy your journey. I'm loving mine!!
This discussion has been closed.