Weight Watchers

Options
Has anyone done weight watchers? My mom did it and it really worked for her, however she didn't stick with it. =/
Is there a way to participate in the program without having to sign up?
If anyone has any info please let me know. Thanks! =)

Replies

• crazymama76
    crazymama76 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have a friend doing weight watchers. You could look on ebay to find the newest books to learn how to count your points. But to get an app on your phone you have to join.
  • Ashbee1224
    Options
    I did WW for awhile and @ 1st the weight seemed to fall off, but after awhile nothing. I really think the points system isnt a good way to live, because I found myself trying to shove what I normally ate, which was pretty unhealthy crap into my points for the day, which is possible, but with calorie counting you really cant do that. Points are just a bit unrealistic and seem to keep ya living in denial about what you're putting in your body. I have switched over to counting calories now and they weight is coming off again! Plus this website is really great about giving support/motivation. So for me I definitely choose calorie counting over WW.

To answer your question about, is there a way to do WW without paying? No. You can do online OR online/meetings but you have to pay, even for meetings you may miss or not attend.
  • mfiggs
    mfiggs Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    It worked really good for me. I lost 60 lbs the second time on it. But, I have joined and quit 5 times. Like everything else you have to stick with it! I find it much easier to stick to watching my calorie intake and exercising. It's hard work, but it is totally worth it!
  • katiejarr
    katiejarr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I did weight watchers 2 years ago and I lost 30 pounds, then I went on vacation over the summer and didnt want to go back till I lost the vacation weight (10 pounds), that eventually turned into me gaining back the 30! I will say its a great program but its $40 a month and if you dont go to every meeting and really stick to the program you will gain the weight back. These past few months I started just doing 1200 cals a day amd I have lost some weight, but I found this site and I love it. Although I have not lost in a few weeks and I gained a pound, I still believe that exercise and eating right, eventually the weight will come off...plus Im in menopause, so it makes it more difficult to drop weight...
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I joined WW in Jan. online. I had lost on the old program, but the new one , pts.plus, did not work for me. For six weeks I saw nothing happed. I switched over to MFP and I have lost 8 pounds and lots of inches. I love it here, you learn so much info from other members. And the support is so awesome! I thru away the $50.00 I spent signing up with WW, but it just did not work and they don't refund your money. So if you want to join a great support system and learn about a healthy lifestyle and not have to pay for it. This is the place!!!!
  • casdls
    casdls Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I lost 45 pounds on Weight Watchers. A few months after reaching lifetime status, I became pregnant, gained everything back and then some, and never lost the weight again. I tried going back to meetings a few times and doing the online version, but I never really had the time and/or motivation to stick with it. The program works if you have the time to devote to it. I woudn't recommend doing it on your own, though. Weight Watchers is basically a support group so the meetings are really important. I have to say, though, the tools on MFP are much better than WW online tools. Also, the message boards are much friendlier here. :smile:
  • Crossfire77
    Crossfire77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    In 2003 I lost 97 pounds on WW...however, the way the points program was arranged at the time, junk food was high in points, even if "low" in calories, due to high fat content, or no fiber. Toward the end of that "diet" I was eating about 800 calories a day without realizing it....because I was just counting "points". Counting calories with the help of MFP is so much better!
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    I lost the majority of my weight with Weight Watchers....and if you are following the good healthy guidelines it'll steer you towards choosing better food. Like someone else said you can get the books and stuff off of ebay :)

Counting points and counting calories are pretty much the same thing. You can your fill of junk with both. It's just up to you to educate yourself :)
  • HoneymoonSlimDown
    Options
    I joined WW in Jan. online. I had lost on the old program, but the new one , pts.plus, did not work for me. For six weeks I saw nothing happed. I switched over to MFP and I have lost 8 pounds and lots of inches. I love it here, you learn so much info from other members. And the support is so awesome! I thru away the $50.00 I spent signing up with WW, but it just did not work and they don't refund your money. So if you want to join a great support system and learn about a healthy lifestyle and not have to pay for it. This is the place!!!!

I did the old program too and lost 30 lbs and kept it off for a whole year... I gained on the new program. Unlimited fruits and veggies equaled carb overload for me. I have heard from a lot of people that the new program doesn't work.