P90X

Options
I am new to this website. I just started using the P90X on monday. I have a decent amount of weight to lose. I am wondering has anyone not already in half decent shape tried this workout & gotten good results? I am really dedicating myself to a whole different lifestyle & am really enjoying the workouts!! I am very excited to lose the weight! I am just hearing alot of crap about you need to be fit before doing this workout.. I have been very sore the last couple days.. But I'm still going strong! I am loving the pain!!!!!

Replies

• hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I just recently started it. I was all set to follow it to a "T". BUT - I Realized I have no interest doing 6 days a week.

You don't have to follow the plan. Tony Horton even says in the DVDs "do your best and forget the rest". You can go at your own pace.
  • bcgeesey
    bcgeesey Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey Firefighterswife! P90x will give you the results you want you just have to stay motivated. I have been doing 2-4 videos a week for 2 months along with using the food diary to keep my calories down and Im down 15lbs. If you are using the p90x schedule you will see even better results then I have. Keep it up!
  • turboandrea
    turboandrea Posts: 108
    Options
    Hey! Congrats on both P90X AND joining MFP! :)

P90X can be started by anyone; however, you may not be able to do all of the moves, repetitions, etc. It also may take you a few rounds (3 months) to get to where you want to be depending on how much weight you want to lose. I saw a lot of muscle gain with P90X but I wasn't there yet with my weight loss. It was definitely WORTH the work.

It's just like with Insanity. I started Insanity with nowhere near the cardiovascular endurance I needed to do every more, every minute. However, I still get my butt WHOOPED, a great calorie burn, and I'm seeing results after only a week. :)

Just take it at your own pace, follow a healthy nutrition plan to make sure you're getting enough calories every day, and KEEP PRESSING PLAY. :)
  • maggs11
    maggs11 Posts: 1
    Options
    You really don't need to be in shape to start P90X. It might help if you are but you certainly don't need to be... just make sure you modify the moves to best suit your physical ability. I have never done the "program" but I have been doing the videos as part of my workout routine for about a year now and they do get easier as the time goes on.

My younger brother started the program when he was at his heaviest and was in no shape what so ever. Unless you count "round" as a shape :-). But he did the full 90 days with the workouts and following the diet and he got down to his high school weight so it does work!! Keep it up, it's definitely worth it!
  • wooddie14
    wooddie14 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    The P90X is a very good workout. I have had great results with it. I would just listen to Tony...he says sometimes "if you need a break just hit the pause button". You don't want to injure yourself if you push yourself too hard. Get a heart rate monitor and learn what your "training zone" is and try to stay in it on the cardio workouts...you will get the best results while using that. Also very important is to follow a good diet. Good Luck!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about not being fit enough, you will get there. Just don't put too much stress on yourself, trying to do everything they do. Do it the best you can and over time you will get better at it.

P90X is great, it does help and Tony Horton makes it alot of fun.....

Goodluck
  • firefighterswife58
    Options
    I have been very faithful by doing the videos everyday! I am coming up on my one yr anniversary and would like to take off 30 lbs by May 8th. I know that is alot to lose but I'm gonna push really hard to get there. I am doing alot of protein, fresh veg & fruits. & I think the reason I ALWAYS fail is weighing myself to often & gettind discouraged so I am forcing myself to only weigh in once a week!
  • mthorn001
    Options
    I'm planning on starting these videos next week so hopefully they'll work for both of us :)
  • firefighterswife58
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I love this site already, its so helpful!
  • robinmath
    robinmath Posts: 59
    Options
    Sounds like your on the right track. Lots of people on this site talk about P90X with great results. I myself want to try it but need to save the money to get it first. LOL

Just stick to this site, and you'll get all the encouragement you need. Feel free to friend me and I will be sure to comment on your progress.

WELCOME TO MFP!