Zumba?

Options
I'm kinda surprised that Zumba isn't in the exercise database! Anybody know how many calories are burned at Zumba in one hour?

Replies

• bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I just use general aerobics but some use intense. No idea on the actual calories burned.
  • Peyton115
    Peyton115 Posts: 75
    Options
    I know!!! I do Zumba every day and so wish it was in our exercise database here. I normally just log it in as dancing, fast pace.
  • xsupertiffx
    Options
    I list it as Dancing, General.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    :smile: I don't know an official answer but I would assume as much as any fast paced aerobic class????

you could try wearing heart rate monitor and see what it computes!?

zumba is fun!!
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    most people that i know include it under aerobics
  • mdhobson
    mdhobson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I googled it. Depending how you do it. You can burn anywhere from 400 to 900 calories. So when I started to learn the steps I just logged in 400 for the low end, but as I got better I moved it up.
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I agree! They really should have it in the database with it being such a hit thing right now. I list it as dancing, general too I believe.

Wonder how we can go about having them add it to the database? Anyone know?
  • karanmwk
    karanmwk Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! :D
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I put it under aerobics ;)
  • karanmwk
    karanmwk Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love it too - starting a new class tonite! Excited!
  • ambermichk
    ambermichk Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i started with low impact aerobics......now i am more fit, better at it and moving more in the class i am starting to use high impact aerobics.....i love zumba
  • Lele71
    Lele71 Posts: 76
    Options
    I put it under dancing, but I list the calories burned according to what my hrm says.
  • sschutte11
    sschutte11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree!! I LOVE Zumba and wish they'd add it to the DB...I use a HRM to track my cals when I do Zumba. Depending on which intensity I choose I can burn anywhere between 400-600 for an hour. Its a GREAT workout! :) And super fun!!
  • dedra00
    dedra00 Posts: 1
    Options
    My husbands cousin said her instructor told her it was around 700 + per hour with Zumba. I started my first class last night with Zumba and OMGosh yeah I could see where the 700 + comes from...Ouch... hehe It was great
  • Loggerwife
    Options
    At our Zumba class at least three people wear calorie burn watches, it varies between the three about 20 to 50 calories but we average 600 calories in a 60 min session.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    It depends. You really need a good, quality HRM to be sure how many calories your body is burning.
  • MrsSanthoff
    MrsSanthoff Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I can usually burn about 700+ calories when I do Zumba for 45 minutes. I use a heart rate monitor to tell me but becuae there is not a zumba exercise, I just log the aerobics, general. HTH! :wink:
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I wear my HRM to class: it all depends on who is teaching and how much intensity I Zumba with (and it would vary from person to person according to weight, I guess). For an hour class, my burn varies between 450 & 700 calories :)
  • ygrad2001
    ygrad2001 Posts: 230
    Options
    I burn between 750-900 calories doing zumba. But I am really intense and I wear ankle weights.
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Well I was thinking the same thing cause I did it for the first time yesterday, I googled it and it said a normal session of Zumba is 600 calories per hour, I'll take that.