Super-Villain Bank Robberies

Options
Philisophically speaking, would it not be cheaper to let the super villain get away with a bank heist? The damage a fight with a super hero probably costs more to fix than whats in the vault. Plus, you know the villain will just try again anyways....I know, do not give in to terrorists, but if they only do it once.......What do you all think?

Replies

• DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    It depends on the Super Villain. Lex Luthor is cunning and can rob a bank w/out damaging it. On the other hand, If you have a 'brute' Super Villain such as Juggernaut or Rhino they're not subtle and will destroy the bank and while ripping out the whole safe.
  • Charlie002
    Options
    Yes, but the damage of stopping them after they rip out the safe. Is it worth fighting them at that point?
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    lol i like your train of thought & as a kid i thought like that too... whenever you watched those cartoons where the whole city gets destroyed anyway, all the buildings knocked down & cars thrown & for what? the 2 large bags of $ the bad guys took? bahaha
  • DanOhh
    Options
    Yes, but the damage of stopping them after they rip out the safe. Is it worth fighting them at that point?

The bank has already been destroyed by then so you might as well save the money.
  • DanOhh
    Options
    By not at least trying to stop the Super Villain he/she/it will continue to rob banks and won't stop at just one. You may cause some damage in the beginning but the overall cost in the end is way cheaper. Eventually the villain will have stolen enough money to buy his secret island to launch the ICBMs (that were purchased with stolen money, too) that could destroy the whole coast of a country. Think of the costs in that.
  • Charlie002
    Options
    If we are talking about the likes of Rino ad sandman, I do not think that is a problem. Dumb as box of rocks.
  • Charlie002
    Options
    fOR THE SAKE OF ARGUMENT, YOU KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT THEY WILL STOP AFTER 1.
  • Riliye
    Riliye Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It's not about the money, it's about power. If you give a supervillain that...yes it might be the last bank he or she robs, but what's next?
  • Charlie002
    Options
    For instance, If I were the Juggernaught, I would rob 1 bank or armored car. Then live a quiet life on my beach front house. If you try to stop me, I will fight. If I fail I will try again.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Day-making thread here
  • Charlie002
    Options
    Day-making thread here

Explain please???
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Just reading this thread made my day is all.

Reminded me of when the powerpuff girls went to the big city and were kicked out for damage caused while fighting villians...

and now i cant stop thinking about comic books.
  • Charlie002
    Options
    gLAD TO HELP. I am a big Super hero-Villain fan in any venue. Horror characters too.
  • Charlie002
    Options
    My thinking is, they get what, 15 million if they are lucky in a haul?