Shakeology

Options
I've been considering doing the Skakeology by beachbody/P90x. Wondering if anyone has tried these and any input would be great before I spend $120 on this stuff.

Replies

• TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I wanna know too!
  • debbyrae3
    debbyrae3 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I've tried them. They're not truly tasting like chocolate, but it's not terrible. My only issue is it doesn't fill me up at all and it's supposed to be a meal replacement.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I tried the chocolate sample and loved it but it's not in my budget. Plus as someone else on here said you have to add other stuff to it to make it taste good...if I'm spending $120 bucks it better taste good coming out of the pack.
  • anikkim0915
    anikkim0915 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I just finished the 3 day cleanse using them.

They are decent... i mixxed mine with water b/c I do not do milk at all... They are kind of grainy and the have an after taste. They are MUCH better if blended with ice too...

I don't know if I would spend the $ on them again though the cleanse did do a lot of good for me.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I really think it works for lots of people. But its pretty much just replacing a meal with a shake is what I understand it do be. I want to do something that I can do forever without having to worry about without having a certian shake to start or finish my day. Im sure it works, but I want to do something I can maintain FOREVER, so Im eating all real foods.
  • shelbyj72
    shelbyj72 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I've tried them. They're not truly tasting like chocolate, but it's not terrible. My only issue is it doesn't fill me up at all and it's supposed to be a meal replacement.

Can you eat a piece of fruit with it? That usually curves your appetite for a little longer.
  • jesn311
    jesn311 Posts: 43
    Options
    I've heard mixed reviews on shakeology. I would recommend googling it and comparing the shakes to others. I've just started Visalus, and absolutely love them. The smallest package is around $52 per month and come with some vitamin packets to blend in if you want to get some different flavors. So far so good. I'll be interested to hear what others say.
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    Thanks for posting this-I have always wondered. If you get a beach body coach and then ask them to send a sample-they probably will. I know a girl who offers samples all the time. I don't know, they seem pricey to me too.
  • BethG39
    BethG39 Posts: 17
    Options
    I love it! I just had a chocolate Shakeology w/ almond milk, banana and pineapple for lunch. I find them to be really filling and I'm always at a loss of what to have for lunch so these are great. Shakeology is "real food" ~ there is nothing fake in it! Nutritionally they contain vitamins, minerals, protein, amino acids, etc. I became a beachbody coach just so I could get the discount on Shakeology.
  • Brooklyn5966
    Options
    I have heard of other people mixing in Fruit with theres so give it a better taste and I do agree the money spent on it is kinda ridiculous. I was really just wanting something with all healthy attributes to it and I'm not really knowledgable when it comes to nutrition and suppliments so I thought that might be a good choice but it looks like I need to do some more research and better educate myself. Thanks for all the replies, this website it awesome!
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I've been considering doing the Skakeology by beachbody/P90x. Wondering if anyone has tried these and any input would be great before I spend $120 on this stuff.
    You can get the same thing going to bodybuilding.com and picking either a meal replacement protien for a lot cheaper. They carry a wide variety of different proteins and brands. Oh and tastier. You also have to make sure that they are low in sugar if not then what's the point.
  • debbyrae3
    debbyrae3 Posts: 200 Member
    Options

Can you eat a piece of fruit with it? That usually curves your appetite for a little longer.
    I do. I usually eat a small cluster of grapes or some baby carrots, but I assumed that if something was meant to be a meal replacement it's supposed to be like a meal in itself. If that makes any sense.