Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

Options
I just bought Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred dvd and I am on my second day. Needless to say, it is kicking my butt so far but I was wondering if anyone else had tried this. I would love to hear any and all comments!!

Thanks!

Replies

• madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    meeeee :)

Im on day 4 level 2 :)

Much harder than level one really feel it and I actually sweat lol looking forward to level 3 :)

good luck and have fun
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I am currently on level 3......

I have not lose any weight doing this program...but I have lost over 10 inches (5 from level one and 5 from level 2). Level two was still kicking my butt when I moved up to level 3 after 10 days!!!
  • kym38
    kym38 Posts: 48
    Options
    I've been skipping a bit, but I did level 1 for one full week. After the 3rd day I felt alot better. Didn't dread getting out of bed in the am :)
    I'm hoping it's going to help me tone up, as I'm training for a half marathon.
  • elena99
    elena99 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love it! I aim for doing at least level 1 everyday. I am not fit at all and the first few days were very hard, I was sweating and staff, but it got better. Yesterday I weigh myself before the shred and after, I was a pound lighter after :)
  • AJBond
    AJBond Posts: 14
    Options
    Today is Day 4 for me! I am very sore today...so I am hoping I will be able to hack it today! :)
  • Breathe_Glamour
    Options
    I've done it. It's a great workout & I felt like I saw changes immediately. I thought it was too short make a significant change though.
  • scumbelina
    Options
    which parts of the body does the dvd concentrate on? i love jillian michaels, i have a couple of her apps on my iphone, just want to know if purchasing this would be worth it? (outcome im looking for is more toned and firmer) Thanks
  • elena99
    Options
    It's a full body workout.
    And for shortness - once (just once :) ) I did level 1, cool down, water break and level 2. So, twice as long as one level but still not boring. And, on the other hand, for me it's easier to find 30 min in a day then a whole hour. I hope that if I stick to it, it will make a change, otherwise I'm screwed, man :)
  • MoonMyst3
    MoonMyst3 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    which parts of the body does the dvd concentrate on? i love jillian michaels, i have a couple of her apps on my iphone, just want to know if purchasing this would be worth it? (outcome im looking for is more toned and firmer) Thanks

I have seen significant changes in tone/firmness only after 11 days. I am down 2 lbs and have lost inches as my jeans are baggy now but I don't plan on measuring myself until day 15. I would say go for it, it's definitely worth it in my books.
    Also, you might want to take your measurements and maybe even a before pic, as I've seen some awesome before and after photos. Powerful motivators. :bigsmile:
  • glcarr65
    glcarr65 Posts: 74
    Options
    I just started it last night.. I am sore today...It is going to be a lot harder doing the workout tonight........but I am determined to see it through for 30 days and see what happens...
  • beau11371
    Options
    I've done it for about a month now and love it. I wish I had taken before and after pics because since starting it I've dropped about 3 sizes and 15 lbs. It's awesome! I also do her Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout. Makes it not get boring.
  • scumbelina
    Options
    brilliant, thanks guys! sounds like its having some really positive results! if...or more like when i get it ill be sure to take measurements before and some pics! good luck everyone! cant wait to start aching haha
  • tppm
    tppm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Okay, I love the DVD, but how do you add it to your exercise diary?
  • elena99
    Options
    I count it as 200 cal... I don't know if it's right or wrong, but I think it feels like 20 min of high impact aerobics... maybe? Am I completely off?
  • bmreed0920
    bmreed0920 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Im on Day 3 Level 1. I hate jumping jacks but I push through them. My thighs have been sore since I started. Other than that I like it. Easy workouts that make me sweat...
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/195358-1-round-of-30-day-shred-done-2nd-started-today

Here are my results after my first 30 days. I complete day 8 of round 2 today (15 days level 2 and 15 days level 3)
  • madysmom99
    madysmom99 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Totally worth buying...complete body workout with 3 levels of intensity. Kicks my butt on level1, but I've noticed definite toning - especially abs and arms. For $10 it sure beats a gym membership!!
  • angievaughn
    Options
    Im on Day 3 Level 1. I hate jumping jacks but I push through them. My thighs have been sore since I started. Other than that I like it. Easy workouts that make me sweat...

Me too....hate jumping jacks......

Spoiler alert.....you have to do jumping jacks in level three with your hand weights!!!!!
  • bmreed0920
    bmreed0920 Posts: 139 Member
    Options

Spoiler alert.....you have to do jumping jacks in level three with your hand weights!!!!!

That is so not cool. Jumping jacks with hand weights.... Not looking forward to that....
  • angievaughn
    Options

Sorry...:sad: But I will say after having to do them in level one and two....by the time level 3 rolls around....jumping jacks are the easiest thing on that level!!!! :cry:
    That is so not cool. Jumping jacks with hand weights.... Not looking forward to that....