some things I think should be listed as exercise.

Options
1. Shopping with three babies in tow
2. Having your kitchen downstairs and nursery up stairs so you are running up and down all day
3. Stress
4. Having to lug all the groceries into the house then having to bend and reach to put everything away before babies have a meltdown.
5. As mentioned above- baby meltdowns
6. Getting a call from the in-laws stating that they will be there in less than an hour and having to do a matrathon clean session.
7. The double baby bounce- having to bounce or rock two babies to sleep at the same time.
8. Trying to diaper a one year old- they are very squirmy and can twist into impossible postions.

Just a few suggestions to add to the list :tongue:

Replies

• kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Ha Ha, love it!
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE this! I couldn't agree with you more! :)
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE this! I couldn't agree with you more! :)
  • ngolston
    ngolston Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Wow! You said a mouthful! I especially agree with the shopping, cleaning, and diapering exercise suggestions :) Good luck with your training, lol
  • kgillikin
    kgillikin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Do you have twins, or triplets? I have a 3yo and 11mo twins so I can totally relate to this.
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    <3 it!! I have done the marathon cleaning and YES it should be circuit cleaning!! lol I don't have kids but I want them (3) to all be 1 yr apart....you're making me rethink myself!
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    agreed!!! how about bathing 3 toddlers at the same time? or bathing 1 while drying the other and dressing the third?? moms dont get enough exercise credit :) too funny!
  • ajh2011
    ajh2011 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    LOL, Love it! I totally agree. It is really hard being a mom with everything you do- and trying to do everything:0 Sounds like you are doing a fantastic job!! Keep up the good work:)
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I remember those days!! A LOT of work!

I'd like to add (as they get older): running along side the bike as they learn to ride on their own. Mine has lots of speed, but no control.

Enjoy!!
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    <3 it!! I have done the marathon cleaning and YES it should be circuit cleaning!! lol I don't have kids but I want them (3) to all be 1 yr apart....you're making me rethink myself!

i have 3. one born feb 19, 2007...march 21, 2008 and last april 20, 2009. you will get your workout, but its worth it to have them close together. they always have someone to play with and you get it all done at once :)
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    **love it**
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Ha! So true. I sometimes consider including the frantic sprint from the gym nursery to car to home to kitchen (or shower) while carrying a 15-pound baby in a heavy carrier in the desperate attempt to get food (or clean) before the baby meltdown as part of my exercise. It is definitely exhausting!
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    aw you sound busy - but it does go fast. I stil can't believe my oldest is in college. If you really want want to know how many calories you burn in a day get a bodyMedia/bug or whatever and you can see just how active you are!
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    if you go to self.com and look up their exercise database, you can usually find things like 'walking home activities" and "childcare". I actually take the amounts it says on that site and enter it on mfp. Also, you can enter jogging up stairs for several minutes since you do it over and over again. I do that when i visit my parents home because I live in an apartment, so stairs are definitely not part of my normal daily activities.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    how about riding your bike around the block 87 times behind your almost 4 yr old's power wheel john deer tractor...i swear when he rides that thing, the only song i can think of in my head is "she thinks my tractor's sexy" by kenny chesney
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Just put yourself as an Active Lifestyle and that should take care of all that.
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Bethany, you have my vote!!! But the best part is the way you heart feels inside! I so miss all of that fun, and yes exercise!! I love these stories! Thanks so much for the smiles. My son is grown and married and I miss all of it!! Be blessed! Shelia
  • bethymay123
    Options
    Actually my daughter is one and I take care of my 3 month old and 3 year old nephews during the week.
  • bethymay123
    Options
    Everything I wrote in my post is how my day has gone except the inlaws showed up twenty minutes early the house was still a mess and both babies were in total meltdown.:embarassed:
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    We should just create an exercise for MFP titled, "Everyday Mom" or "The Mom Burn" or something.