Twin skin? Elasticity issues?

Options
I'm concerned that if I loose the remaining fat around my mid section, I may have "twin skin" or lack of elasticity in that area.
My husband thinks I'm nuts, but when I look at it, I think I'm right. Anyone have this? Any way to avoid or help not to get this?

Replies

• SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Just keep toning those tummy muscles with ab workouts! You'll have the tightest tummy you've ever had.
  • Gr8_body4life
    Options
    If your worried about your skin try whats called Bio Oil, its great! I have terrible strech marks/loose skin from having my two boys, and its really helping! plus its great for the feet too!
    Good luck!
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering the same thing, and I just had one baby at a time in there! Stretch marks aside, there is just some skin, particularly below the belly button, that doesn't look like it will be able to bounce back all the way, especially if I lose more weight. So far it looks better than I thought it would, but I do still have quite a bit of padding in that area. I guess we'll see what happens!
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're getting all your vitamins and minerals and drinking lots of water. Those things help with the cellular health of the skin cells and can improve elasticity. You can't spot reduce with ab work and it doesn't target the skin to do crunches or other ab exercises. They will help with the muscle underneath, though, so keep them up, but skin elasticity isn't related to them.
  • bethymay123
    Options
    The army sent mine running for the hills. After my last baby it came back. Try more exercises that concetrate on your lower abs.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Nevermind.