Fizzy Water

Options
chris0912
chris0912 Posts: 242 Member
Can anyone recommend a fizzy water that doesn't have a "mineral" taste to it? I've completely stopped drinking soda, but find that I'm really missing the bubbles. I'd like to be able to have a soda feel by using a carbonated water with some flavoring packets.

Replies

• patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I drink LaCroix Lemon, Orange or Lime. So much so that my 8 year old would usually rather have a can of that instead of Sprite
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I don't drink carbonated water, myself, but this guy I used to work with drank club soda on a daily basis. He'd also walk around the office and purposely spill some on the carpets because he claimed it cleaned them. :)
  • Hemis_mom
    Hemis_mom Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I love Poland Springs sparkling waters they have flavors already and I think they actually have a plain variety as well. When I stopped drinking soda this is what I drink to get the fizzy drink I sometimes crave! No calories either-
  • ScottyLikesCake
    ScottyLikesCake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Have you tried San Pellegrino, I tend to add a slice of lemon if I am drinking it at home. I'm not a fan of the minerally taste of some fizzy waters but I quite like this one.
  • RPNKA
    RPNKA Posts: 28
    Options
    ZIp Fiz is pretty good. It also is a natural energy drink. It is full of vitamin B, the only thing is you need to consume it within a hour or it loses all its potentcy.
  • writenina
    writenina Posts: 35
    Options
    I like Ritz seltzer with a lemon wedge
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm also a carbonation junkie, but don't drink flavored sodas. So, I invested in a SodaStream home carbonation unit. You use plain old tap (or filtered) water. Fill the 1 liter bottle and make it as fizzy as you want with no additives. Bed Bath and Beyond carries them now, and you can read up on them on www.sodastreamusa.com. I recommend buying at BB&B, since they offer storewide coupons, whereas the manufacturer doesn't. Also, the 'carbonators' (giant CO2 cylinders) are recycleable. You take them to either BB&B or Williams Sonoma for refill/exchange.

P.S. I've had my soda maker for about 2 yrs now, and it gets HEAVY use. It's holding up very well.
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I second the Pellegrino recommendation. I think it's delicious and not too "'minerally''.
  • BriannaSkye
    BriannaSkye Posts: 135
    Options
    Have you tried "IZZY"? you can get it from starbucks and the grocery store, its bubbly with a little bit of juice. It hits the spot and is super refreshing
  • Kryscave
    Kryscave Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    In the UK I like Buxton Fizzy!:smile:
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Look for stuff that says carbonated or seltzer water not mineral or tonic water. I drink Polar seltzer or a generic that has rasberry lime, pomegranate, black cherry. I don't care for the lemon, lime or mandarine orange, but I don't care for citrus things either.

You could mix a splash of juice into it if you think it still tastes too strong. It does take a little getting used to.
  • lesleybritton
    Options
    Deer Park makes a flavored sparkling water that I like a lot. Lime, lemon, berry lime, and orange in a case. The only place I've ever seen it is Costco.
  • Amarylis13
    Amarylis13 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    some good sounding ideas i will have to try. thanks everyone :drinker:
  • flyingmouse29
    flyingmouse29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i second the soda stream recommendation. my work has one and i love it. i feel like fizzy water makes me feel less hungry :)