Servings: 12 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Total: 2 hrs 30 mins

Ingredients
9 uncooked lasagna noodles
1 lb extra-lean (at least 90%) ground beef
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 jar (25.5 oz) Muir Glen® organic Italian herb pasta sauce
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
1 egg
1 container (15 oz) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

Directions
1. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook and drain noodles as directed on package. Place in cold water.2. Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, cook beef and garlic over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in pasta sauce, ground red pepper and 1 teaspoon of the basil. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.3. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In medium bowl, beat egg slightly. Stir in ricotta cheese and remaining 1/2 teaspoon basil until blended. Drain noodles. Spread about 1/2 cup sauce mixture over bottom of baking dish. Top with 3 noodles, 1 1/2 cups of the sauce mixture, half of the ricotta mixture and 3/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and mozzarella cheese; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Spray 15-inch piece of foil with cooking spray. Cover lasagna with foil.4. Bake 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 80); Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 4 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 400mg; Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 5g); Protein 20g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 25%; Iron 10%. Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Lean Meat. Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2.

Replies

• Neuroticwench
    Neuroticwench Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yum, I love lasagna. I think I'll have to try this recipe this weekend, thanks for sharing!
  • sarahmac227
    Options
    Sounds fantastic! I was just thinking about Lasagna. Don't know what the calorie count difference is but I have substituted low fat large curd cottage cheese for the ricotta in my past lasagnas and couldn't tell the difference.

Thanks for sharing!
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    BUMP!! ive been looking for a low-cal lasagne dish :D thanx
  • ♥AngelKisses♥
    Options
    bump