Help! Quick!

Options
So heres my dilemma ....
I have a killer friggin headache, my neck is stiff and sore, my thigh muscles are sore, and I have had nearly no caffeine today.
Moving hurts.

BUT
I've already gone way over on sodium and no matter what I eat for dinner I will go much further over and over on cholesterol, fat, or both. Today is grocery shopping day and I have to eat dinner before I shop or Ill buy terrible things.

DO I work out? Do I call it an off day and hope all the pain goes away tomorrow?

Replies

• amydmiller
    Options
    I would do gentle stretching, maybe a short walk and stick to a few fruits for dinner, maybe a fruit smoothie.
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    I'd have a nice hot shower or bath to ease your muscles. The headache will be from the lack of caffeine, but it sounds like you're already aware of this.

Then eat something sensible ( one day a bit over isn't going to matter in the long run). And tell yourself that you've done your best and life has its ups and downs. :flowerforyou:
  • katcena
    katcena Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    A smoothie and salad.....or maybe just saute some vegetables in a little olive oil. The nutrients will help you feel better, it's light so won't make you feel heavy, and the water content will help. Maybe you are just a bit dehydrated as well?
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    slow pace walking:smile:
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Ive already had like 10 glasses of water today, and like 16 yesterday...so I dont think dehydration plays into it.
    Im totally out of fresh fruit and veggies. Ive got bread, tuna, pb, jelly, noodles, and dressings.
    Like...thats almost literally it. lol
  • cnjbarry
    cnjbarry Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I would make sure you drink a ton of water to help with the sodium issue and have a hot bath
  • katcena
    katcena Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    OH! That might be your problem. You drank too much water and flushed all of the nutrients and electrolytes out of your body. Try drinking something like Gatorade, or crystal light fitness (has electrolytes). That probably explains your headache too. 16 glasses of water and 10 the next day is WAY too much in my opionion....which is just an opinion because I am not a professional....but I bet you that is what your problem is.
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    OH! That might be your problem. You drank too much water and flushed all of the nutrients and electrolytes out of your body. Try drinking something like Gatorade, or crystal light fitness (has electrolytes). That probably explains your headache too. 16 glasses of water and 10 the next day is WAY too much in my opionion....which is just an opinion because I am not a professional....but I bet you that is what your problem is.

I agree - it sounds as if you have been drinking too much water. It's possible (and potentially dangerous as it affects the blood electrolytes) to drink too much water. Go by the colour of your urine - if you are properly hydrated it will
    be a light straw colour. The darker the urine - more fluid intake is needed
  • aleeroley
    aleeroley Posts: 14
    Options
    I don't think you drank too much water. You should figure out how many ounces of water you need based on your weight and activity level. Take your weight in lbs. and figure out what is 2/3 of your weight. That number in oz. is what you should intake daily. For every 30 min. of exercise, add approximately 12 oz. of water to the total.
    For example: I'm 127 lbs., 2/3 of my weight is about 84.5 lbs. That number used in oz. (84.5) is about 10 1/2 cups of water, (that is without a workout).
    Your muscles needs recovery time. To help speed up the process you can eat high-protein foods, and take supplements such as creatine, vitamin C or E.
    Hope you feel better soon!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Thanks much!!