Polar FT4..best electronic I have ever purchased

Options
ukq727
ukq727 Posts: 50 Member
So I live near this huge Sportsplex near my house they play everything from Tennis to vollyball there all in tournaments. Not to mention they have a full size pool indoors as well as fitness center and gym. They even have an outdoor pool for families with children. Long story short I often walk the 5 mile stretch they have marked out and I was tired of wondering how many calories I was burning last summer. I walked the tracked yesterday and then decided I was going to find something that could help me solve that problem. Thank you ****s Sporting Goods in Murfreesboro, TN! I had the priviledge of having a sales women there who was a sports go to guru..:bigsmile: .
She was wearing this little dohicky on her arm and then introduced me to the Polar FT4, it's a clever little watch that you have to set (based on the books instructions) and there is a band you wear around your chest right up under your rib cage that works with the watch when started to track your heart rate and calories burned. I used it tonight doing Wii Fit Zumba and I LOVE IT ALREADY:love:

I plan to use this with my Insanity, 30 day shred and body pump videos because accuracy is key to me. Long story short the Polar FT4 was well worth the 98.00 I paid for it.

Replies

• Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that.. I'm considering one and wanted details! That's the one I've been looking at anyway!
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    How's the Wii Fit Zumba? I almost bought it today but wanted to wait for other's opinions on it first.
  • jksn2nlove
    Options
    I love my FT4! Best thing I have bought myself :wink:
  • ukq727
    Options
    The Wii Fit Zumba is a serious workout it's certainly not for the faint at heart. There are many that would argue that after doing every level (which is impossible unless you get every single step exactly correct and every movement correct) that the dances become monotnus and rerunish..I would rebut this with...even a person who has done Zumba avidly still cannot tell you that this game doesn't bring the sweat and get that heart rate pumping away.
  • jeremymaritz
    Options
    She was wearing this little dohicky on her arm and then introduced me to the Polar FT4, it's a clever little watch that you have to set (based on the books instructions) and there is a band you wear around your chest right up under your rib cage that works with the watch when started to track your heart rate and calories burned. I used it tonight doing Wii Fit Zumba and I LOVE IT ALREADY:love:

I plan to use this with my Insanity, 30 day shred and body pump videos because accuracy is key to me. Long story short the Polar FT4 was well worth the 98.00 I paid for it.

Good HRMs with the chest band are INVALUABLE. Without them you're just working out blindly and have no idea what the effect is on your body...just kinda shooting in the dark. Especially doing something like Zumba...you could be letting your heartrate go too high and then you end up burning muscle instead of fat! A good HRM prevents that from happening. Congrats on a super-smart purchase!!
  • ukq727
    Options
    Good HRMs with the chest band are INVALUABLE. Without them you're just working out blindly and have no idea what the effect is on your body...just kinda shooting in the dark. Especially doing something like Zumba...you could be letting your heartrate go too high and then you end up burning muscle instead of fat! A good HRM prevents that from happening. Congrats on a super-smart purchase!!
    [/quote]

Thank you, out of every electronic I have ever purchased I find this one to be the one well worth it's "weight in gold"
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I bought my FT4 about a week after I started exercising, when I wanted to see what I was REALLY burning instead of relying on averages and estimates. Absolutely worth every dollar I paid for it, and it has really increased my knowledge of my heart rate and caloric burns.
  • dmisom79
    dmisom79 Posts: 112
    Options
    I bought a Timex T5G971 Unisex Sports personal Heart Rate Monitor Watch on amazon.com about a month or so ago and I absolutely love it. It was only $45. It was rated #1 in Consumer Reports. Below is a 5 star review on it from Google products in case there's anyone out there that wants a rating on a different brand other than the Polar watches, although I believe those to be great also.
    Excellent choice
    By logboy - Feb 23, 2011 - Best Buy
    Pros: Simplicity
    Cons: No downside, everything is great on this HRM!
    I bought the timex HRM about 3 months ago. I use it for P90X and my running regiment. I love it!! So simple to use, easy to follow instructions. I purchased another brand HRM and returned it the next day, way to complicated to use. This HRM is basic and has all I need or for any case all anyone should need. I wanted something that could track my heart rate during exercise, keep me in my zone and tell me how many calories I burned during my workout. This watch does that PLUS!! I just put a little water on the back of the chest strap where the electrodes are and it picks up my heart rate within a few seconds. It is very accurate, I checked. I couldn't be happier, this has taken my workouts to a new level. There are a lot of choices out there and more than enough brands of HRMs, this timex is perfect for someone without all the extra stuff to make you confused when you are just trying to get basic information. Only downside is that it has no stop watch mode, no problem, i just wear my timex iron man watch on the other wrist for that. At least this HRM tells you how long you worked out for and how many minute you were in you zone.A must buy for anyone interested in a HRM.
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    The Wii Fit Zumba is a serious workout it's certainly not for the faint at heart. There are many that would argue that after doing every level (which is impossible unless you get every single step exactly correct and every movement correct) that the dances become monotnus and rerunish..I would rebut this with...even a person who has done Zumba avidly still cannot tell you that this game doesn't bring the sweat and get that heart rate pumping away.

Sorry... but after I played it for 6 weeks (not every day) - I found that I didn't breathe as heavy or sweat as much, as I did when I first started using it. I think as you get fitter, you will feel the same...
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    LOVE my FT4!! I had the F7 but this one is so much better.
    I found it on ebay BNIB for $49.99.

I use it mostly now when I do my Just Dance on Wii and am still surprised by the calories burned...could not live without it now.
  • jkq2003
    jkq2003 Posts: 27
    Options
    Wii Fit Zumba is great and it is definitely a work out. I find myself sweating buckets just in the first 10 minutes. It is a fun workout. I normally do at least 2 routines even after finishing up my regular workout for the day.
  • Hardemanwifey
    Hardemanwifey Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I wanna get me a hrm but didn't kno which
    one to choose but I knew I wanted one with chest strap