Let's play a game!

Options
MFP is a great site which helps us to keep track of our nutrition, what we eat and how we exercise etc. It helps keep us on the straight and narrow. Quite often its when we don't know what to eat, that we run into troubles. Let's get people thinking about healthy alternatives for their lifestyles, have some fun and maybe learn something from each other. (i.e. Cookies bad, Carrot sticks good)

I am going to start the game off like this. I will mention one of my vice's... the foods I know that get me in trouble and led me down the path to obesity. The next person will list a healthy alternative to my vice. They in turn will post one of their vices, and the chain continues with the next person after that (and on and on).

Oh and if you want support, or want to exchange ideas or whatever... please feel free to add me!

SO HERE GOES... MY number one all time vice is... " Fresh, Hot, Crispy McDonald's French Fries "

Replies

• Foxerlina
    Foxerlina Posts: 51
    Options
    MY number one all time vice is... " Chocolate....or anything with chocolate in it! "
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    MY number one all time vice is... " Chocolate....or anything with chocolate in it! "

And your healthy alternative for mine would be?
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Make your own fries. Slice potatoes into fry sticks, spray with butter flavored no stick spray, lightly season to taste and bake in the oven. Turn them after 15 minutes, and monitor them for crispness.

Fried Chicken......
  • heatherhart
    heatherhart Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is my vice too!! But instead of regular fries you could always buy sweet potato fries
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    MY number one all time vice is... a BIG plate of Spaghetti and Meatballs...

My Healthy choice Now is....1 cup 'No Yolks' noodles with a half a cup of spaghetti sauce. (Once in a blue moon though) :)
  • firefighterswife58
    Options
    Celery sticks for you... Mine is milkshakes... dreadful milkshakes!!! I used to get one atleast once a day or every other day...
  • brandip80
    brandip80 Posts: 22 Member
    Options

My Healthy choice Now is....1 cup 'No Yolks' noodles with a half a cup of spaghetti sauce. (Once in a blue moon though) :)

'No Yolk ' noodles good idea!:happy:
    My number one vice
    Meat lovers PIZZA!
  • brandip80
    brandip80 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Celery sticks for you... Mine is milkshakes... dreadful milkshakes!!! I used to get one atleast once a day or every other day...

how bout real fruit smoothie
  • skinnycoop
    Options
    A good alternative to fry's that I like is vege straws. They taste salty but are good at the same time. My vice is peanut butter cup/mint oreo blizzard from DQ.
  • aliciaprue
    Options
    an alternative for the french fries is to either: get a small size, only every so often if u must have them at all, or make ur own fries at home in the over! much healthier cause they are not fried.

and for chocolate, it really isnt "bad" for you if you dont eat a ton of it.. try dark chocolate becuase of all its antioxidants! what i do is buy a bag of hersheys dark kisses, and then when you have a chocolate craving, have one or two :)

my vice would have to be.. sweets in general.. and i can never eat just one bite, serving or one little taste.. its like i dont have self control when it comes to anything sweet and its so frusterating :/
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    As long as chocolate is concerned we can chose .. Instead of milk chocolates go for dark ones..they're yum and lesser in calories
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Make your own fries. Slice potatoes into fry sticks, spray with butter flavored no stick spray, lightly season to taste and bake in the oven. Turn them after 15 minutes, and monitor them for crispness.

Fried Chicken......

of course instead of fried chicken, go for the grilled chicken! to me more flavor and less calories!

my vice would have to be Chicken Fried Steak with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy!!!!
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    For me it's fudge brownies
  • BrittBrat33
    Options
    A good alternative to fry's that I like is vege straws. They taste salty but are good at the same time. My vice is peanut butter cup/mint oreo blizzard from DQ.
    I would have to agree that my vice is the blizzard as well i just LOVE ice cream any time of the day or month!!! :/ And a great alternative is frozen yogurt maybe? haha!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    My number one vice is probably sweets such as Jelly babies.. or Pringles.

Healthy alternative to fries - make your own? chocolate - For a chocolate fix I sometime buy a protein bar from the health shop, most are coated in chocolate yet have less calories than you're standard bar. Plus lots of protein and helps to fill you up :)
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options

My number one vice
    Meat lovers PIZZA!

How about thin crust pizza with loads of veggie toppings!?!?!
    My vice is delicious, cheesy, gooey nachos with bbq chicken! mmmmmmmmmm
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options

Brownies made with splenda or some other sugar substitute.

Reduces calories significantly.
  • clothes_of_sand
    Options

Zucchini fudge brownies. Still a fudge brownie, but you're getting your veggies in there, and I heard you can't taste the zucchini.
    http://www.kissrecipes.com/desserts/misc/zfb.htm

My vice is probably bacon cheese burgers. Or pretty much anything containing bacon and cheese :(
  • clothes_of_sand
    Options

My number one vice
    Meat lovers PIZZA!

How about thin crust pizza with loads of veggie toppings!?!?!
    My vice is delicious, cheesy, gooey nachos with bbq chicken! mmmmmmmmmm

I have a recipe for baked barbeque chicken with cheese in the middle; sorta combines your two vices :D
  • ckncj
    ckncj Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I would have to agree that my vice is the blizzard as well i just LOVE ice cream any time of the day or month!!! :/ And a great alternative is frozen yogurt maybe? haha!

Alternative to the ice cream vice - Skinny Cow. Lots of options to choose with a lot less calories!

My vice...hmmmm....Cheese. My fiance is from Wisconsin, so we've always got cheese around. Hard to fight the temptations when cheese makes everything better.