When did you start noticing weight loss?

Options
Hey everyone! I've recently decided that it's time to get back into shape for summer. So two weeks ago I chucked everything bad out and replaced it with fresh fruit/veg, meats and fish. And I've been doing at least 30 mins exercise 5 times a week (1 hour on days with more time). Now I've lost 5lb over the past two weeks and that's great, but I haven't noticed it yet. I've heard people say that they start to notice around the 10lb mark, but some people say even higher. Of course it's different for everyone, but I was wondering when you noticed the weight loss? Or when did you friends/family notice? It's nice to know how it varies from person to person - weight to weight! :)

Replies

• chazspk
    chazspk Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Im Down 11 i dont notice much a little tiny bit maybe but family have mentioned it:huh:
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it took a little while before I started noticing it visually. Try taking your measurements once a week or so. Maybe seeing those change will help keep you motivated until it becomes really obvious that you are losing.
  • cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    About 20 pounds down. I don't notice it as much as other people do. It still shocks me when they go "wow, you lost weight!"
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Once I hit the 20 lb. mark, people have noticed. I can finally see a bit of difference, too, but I just put ON the last 20 over the winter, so I'm just a little below what I weighed last summer. I probably won't see "improvement" until I'm down another 10 or 20 lbs. and out of the weight range I've been for the last several years.
  • sashaverlene
    sashaverlene Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Well, I started at 217. My family didn't start noticing until I hit the low 190's! I didn't notice until mid 180's when I looked at my before and after pics! (I take pics after every 10 pound loss.)
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I can see it in my face but nowhere else. Although I'm getting a bit squishier and can see my belly button!
  • byuboston
    byuboston Posts: 11
    Options
    It is hard to notice the changes when you see yourself every day. You may lose 10 or 15 pounds and think you look the same, but you're not. Others will see that you look differently, but the best way to know the changes you are making is to do more than just weigh yourself.

I have measured my hips, waist, chest, arms, thighs and tummy, and I remeasure every 5-10 pounds. You can see the numbers dropping. I have lost 19 pounds and I can see a difference now, but only because it is a big difference. Hope this helps.