C25K

Options
Ok so I keep hearing people talking about this and want to know where I can find this program and what it entails....Help me my wonderful Online community :)

Replies

• Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    i just googled it, or if you have a smart phone there's a c25k app out there i use it... n i loveeee it
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Ok I used this to inform myself:

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

enjoy!
  • BrendaBlis
    BrendaBlis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I got it on my ipod touch from the Apple app store. It was $2.99. :smile:
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    www.c25k.com

I am following the treadmill plan...last night I completed week 3 / day 3
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I'm wrapping up Week 2. The podcasts are fantastic!
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm wrapping up Week 2. The podcasts are fantastic!

How/where do you get the podcasts? I use my Ipod a lot, so this would be helpful. Thanks!! :smile:
  • kbickel
    kbickel Posts: 19
    Options
    I am on week two and it is a great program. I have it on my ipod...was 2.99 for the application. They now have it for the Droid, or if you have an iphone you can put it on there too. If you don't have the technology never fear!!!! You can google it and get the entire plan. If you are serious about it though I recommend getting an ipod touch, you can listen to YOUR playlist or the podcasts and they will tell you when to walk and when to run. Its a great app!

Good luck with it!
  • kbickel
    kbickel Posts: 19
    Options
    The podcasts are available free on itunes. I prefer the app so that I can listen to my music as the podcast music really isn't my taste. The app is very cheap, well worth the price!
  • willimh
    willimh Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am about to finish week 2. You can type in podcast in google or coolrunning and they have some on there as well
  • EllyK09
    EllyK09 Posts: 75
    Options
    It is a walking/jogging/running interval program that helps you build up to running a 5k. I really enjoy using this program! The program is set up to last nine weeks but you will hear most people say that they repeated a week here or there. I am starting week four tonight after repeating week 2 and 3. Good luck if you decide to join c25k! Feel free to add me!
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I use the UK NHS website podcasts. They were free to download and I put them on my Ipod via Winamp.

They are brilliant so if you can use the podcasts. I did the first 2 weeks without just timing myself and found it alot harder. With the friendly voice telling you when to run/walk and giving you tips as you run is a great help.

Not sure how to put my own music on though as I agree with PP that it isn't really to my taste either but its only 3 times a week :-)
  • lcdblue1026
    lcdblue1026 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am re-starting W1D1 and would love to have some extra support/motivation. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • rockabillydarlin
    rockabillydarlin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm using the Cool Running Couch to 5K program... my first 5K is May 1! If you want to add me as a friend we can help each other out if you'd like. :)