Running watches help!

Options
atynk
atynk Posts: 400 Member
Hi All,
I would like to buy a watch that will tell me my pace and other essential things that are good for running (heart rate etc).. if you have one you recommend please let me know.. The easier to use the better for me!!

Thanks

Andrea

Replies

• jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I use a Garmin Forerunner 305 watch which tracks distance, time, and heart rate.

My biggest knock against it is that it the battery needs to be recharged after 10 hours.

My kids keep unplugging it on me.

Otherwise works great!
  • brandis72
    brandis72 Posts: 12
    Options
    I have a Garmin forerunner 305 also and I can't run without it even on the treadmill. I got the little foot pod and it is more accurate than my treadmill controls. <3
  • baldzach
    baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    I second the Garmin Forerunner suggestion. Mine is the ancient Forerunner 101 (check eBay)... Upside is it runs on AAA batteries so you never have to "recharge" it. Downside is it doesn't plug into the computer so you have to keep a manual log of everything. But I like it, it's been getting the job done for 5 years now.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor with a chest strap and I have runkeeper app on my android phone to track distance spead and those type of things. It also sends me an email whenever I've beaten my person best and it shows you on google maps where you have run. My heart rate monitor tracks my calories burned and of coarse my heart rate!
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    i have the garmin FR 305 too - it's great, but sucks on cloudy days and if you don't have the foot pod you can't use it inside. if you want a gps, it's a nice one. there are others that are less expensive and do less.

i also have the garmin fr60, can be used inside and outside with the footpod. i like it the best though because i can also wear it as a watch. the fr305 is big and bulky.
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone its on at costco for $199... you have just sold me! I am so excited to start using it!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the Garmin 305. I love that it uploads to dailymile now as well as runkeeper :)
  • Triathlynne
    Options
    I also have a 305! Amazon have them new for only $127. Good deal.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin FR 405 and I love it. Some people aren't too enamored of the touch bezel but I don't have any problems with it. It's awesome - my pace has really come down since I bought it a few months ago. I've PR'd in my last two half marathons!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin 210. I think the face is a little smaller than the 305, but I don't think it does as many things. I absolutely love it.
  • lilsilva
    lilsilva Posts: 1
    Options
    I have a garmin gps watch that I purchased at the running room in Canada. It is very easy to use and you can download the information from your run to your computer!! Hope this helps!!