New to weight loss all together

Options
Hello I'm new to even concerning my self with weight loss. But I have reached a point where if I don't do something I'm just not going to be happy with myself so I set a goal of losing 50 lbs by my birthday in November. I'm working out 30-35 min 5 days a week and tracking my calories. So far it seem to be working wish me luck

Replies

• gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Good luck, you will definitely love this site.
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    It's a great site. Welcome. Best of luck to you!
  • 1111renee
    1111renee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    good luck to you!!! it's fun and once you start seeing results, it pushes you :)
  • papillon0128
    papillon0128 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This site works for me and I know it can work for you ! You can do it.
  • Tarah1357
    Tarah1357 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Sounds like you're doing a great job already and this site is definitely a fun tool to help you through!
  • cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Good luck and welcome to the site!
  • Heevenlee
    Heevenlee Posts: 35
    Options
    Welcome and good luck in your weightloss battle
  • rel1982
    rel1982 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Welcome to MFP. You will find it is a very encouraging place :)
  • rebeccawible
    Options
    good luck! this is my first weight loss mission too ;-):drinker:
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    Good luck !! You can do this !
  • loveandprideforever
    loveandprideforever Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good Luck and Welcome!! :)

Keep Up Good Work! When you have a good day, enjoy it and give yourself some credit! When you have a "bad" day, don't dwell, but recognize that you will do better tomorrow (and then actually DO BETTER tomorrow).

Use MFP like you text message (if you do, that is. haha). Every time you put something into your mouth, log it. Don't log until you eat it. Feel free to check on the calorie count via the search base if you are thinking of ordering something that you expect to be high in calories or if you are looking for the lowest calorie option.

Expect to be surprised by how much you really can stick to your guns about being seriously working towards a goal.

AND ABOVE ALL ELSE: Believe that you can do this! Work with others to stay accountable! Never think it's too late to change!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I don't like wishing luck for something that's dependent upon your efforts, but I will wish you much success. You're already starting it right.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome to hear you want to make some changes and sounds like you're doing a good job so far.. good luck on your journey. You can do it!! :happy: