Hello from the UK! Looking for some MFP buddies :)

Options
Hi everyone!

My name is Kim and I'm looking to lose a stone but overall just maintain a healthier perspective on life, exercise and nutrition. I really want to love the way I am and gain back the confidence I used to have. I also need to get back in shape to run a 10k in May and would love any advice from fellow runners or fitness fanatics :)

Feel free to add me so we can help each other along the way :) Reading everyone's success stories is making me so motivated to get rid of this dreaded muffin top! I admire you all....

Much love x

Replies

• shulaw
    shulaw Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    hey welcome to MFP i wish you luck with your journey ...am from the uk got a bit more then a stone to loose but please feel free to add me :)
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    Hi Kim,

I'm from Sheffield, feel free to add me! :smile:
  • BeatTheBattle
    Options
    Hi Kim,

I'm from the UK too. Looking to initially lose 10lbs and just get lean after that. Love to run too! Its so liberating :D

What are your current fitness levels looking like at the moment?

A x
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Hi :)
    I'm from the UK also, feel free to add me.
  • JujiBean
    JujiBean Posts: 187
    Options
    I'm originally from the UK, but live in the States. Make the trip back at least once a year, though. Relatives up in the North. Feel free to add me as a buddy if you'd like.
  • anamelina
    anamelina Posts: 13
    Options
    ~Hello

I've just lost a stone, it was tough but sooo worth it, getting back into my old clothes and feeling like I have loads more energy! I would like to lose another 7-10lbs but I am going to take it slowly. I used to run like you but stopped about 2 years ago I really want to start again, but my knees are a bit dodgy at the moment. Feel free to add me, will be happy to spur you on! :happy:
  • Foxerlina
    Foxerlina Posts: 51
    Options
    Hi Kim,

I'm from the UK too. Looking to initially lose 10lbs and just get lean after that. Love to run too! Its so liberating :D

What are your current fitness levels looking like at the moment?

A x

Oooh so kind of the same as me then! My current fitness level is pretty good but I'm just lacking motivation in the running department....it seems I do everything BUT run at the moment :P I can only do a 10 min mile though, what about you? x
  • Foxerlina
    Options
    ~Hello

I've just lost a stone, it was tough but sooo worth it, getting back into my old clothes and feeling like I have loads more energy! I would like to lose another 7-10lbs but I am going to take it slowly. I used to run like you but stopped about 2 years ago I really want to start again, but my knees are a bit dodgy at the moment. Feel free to add me, will be happy to spur you on! :happy:

Wow! Congrats on the weight loss so far....that is amazing! I also suffer with dodgy knees, or more precisely, I have a sloppy running technique which CAUSES the knee problems. I'm just dying to get back into shape and feel healthy and fit again :) I'll add you in a sec and we can spur each other on!x
  • BeatTheBattle
    Options
    Oooh so kind of the same as me then! My current fitness level is pretty good but I'm just lacking motivation in the running department....it seems I do everything BUT run at the moment :P I can only do a 10 min mile though, what about you? x

I think its just a matter of making sure you get in to a routine and go from there. I only started running last year but am slowly upping the mileage. My goal is to run a local 13 mile race in May and complete my first marathon in November with a sub four hour time. For distances over 10km I'm looking at just under a 10 minute mile too! Hopefully some interval training on the treadmill will help pick up the pace.

I think if you have a good foundation your running will come on leaps and bounds. Just remember the timings of protein and carbs and the importance of rest days (I know my nutrition fitness info but need to have the mental will power to follow it - currently trying to break the binge eating habit!).

If you want motivation just let me know, it'll keep me on track too! I tend to run in the mornings before work, so I'm bouncing out of bed at 0430 hrs and kicking myself into action (cup of coffee usually does the trick), out of the door by 0515 hrs at the latest for the run (outdoors when its not too cold, gym when it is). What does your exercise routine currently look like? x
  • Tinkerbell_24
    Options
    Hiya, welcome and good luck! Feel free to add me! :):)
  • IanGiles
    IanGiles Posts: 54
    Options
    UK too, add on the way...
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi kim, i am also doing 10k in june, am doing lots of walking to build fitness up, with running and cycling mixed in to vary it:smile:
  • Foxerlina
    Options

I think its just a matter of making sure you get in to a routine and go from there. I only started running last year but am slowly upping the mileage. My goal is to run a local 13 mile race in May and complete my first marathon in November with a sub four hour time. For distances over 10km I'm looking at just under a 10 minute mile too! Hopefully some interval training on the treadmill will help pick up the pace.

I think if you have a good foundation your running will come on leaps and bounds. Just remember the timings of protein and carbs and the importance of rest days (I know my nutrition fitness info but need to have the mental will power to follow it - currently trying to break the binge eating habit!).

If you want motivation just let me know, it'll keep me on track too! I tend to run in the mornings before work, so I'm bouncing out of bed at 0430 hrs and kicking myself into action (cup of coffee usually does the trick), out of the door by 0515 hrs at the latest for the run (outdoors when its not too cold, gym when it is). What does your exercise routine currently look like? x

I think for me I just need to incorporate more runs into my weekly exercise regime. At the moment I cycle to work and back (14 miles a day in total) as well as:

Monday = aerobics and boxing, Tuesday = general gym workout, Wednesday = spin and circuits, Thursday = pump and sculpt, Friday = run

I have tried running BEFORE work but I tried it in January and I literally was sooooo cold my muscles took ages to warm up and I felt like I was crawling along at a snail's pace rather than running. Might be worth reconsidering though, especially as I'm not keen on running in the summer heat!

I also lack in the nutrition area, hence joining this site. I think I just don't realise how much crap I put in my mouth....so fingers crossed this will help and give me the kick up the *kitten* that I need :) x
  • Foxerlina
    Options
    hi kim, i am also doing 10k in june, am doing lots of walking to build fitness up, with running and cycling mixed in to vary it:smile:

Yeah I have to mix it up as I get bored so easily and lose motivation really really quickly :( How is your running coming along so far hun?x
  • efalcon1
    efalcon1 Posts: 52
    Options
    Hey, welcome and good luck.

Elina x
  • emmajaney
    emmajaney Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm in the same boat. Starting off with a goal of 10lbs but hope to lose a bit more.
    Help needed

add me please x