"I would love to lose my post-pregnancy weight … "

Options
I need some help and new ideas, I am breastfeeding mom and losing weight is quite difficult

Replies

• goatstew
    goatstew Posts: 50
    Options
    I started out on here for the very same reason. I'm still breastfeeding, my sweet girl is almost 6 months. I've been using MFP for 60 days today, and I've lost 15.5 pounds. To add in extra calories for breastfeeding, just act like you're going to add a food to your diary, and type "generic breastfeeding mother" into the search. I do the one that's by ounce, and I looked around and figured most babies my baby's age eat around 24 ounces a day. I get 523 extra calories a day from her breastfeeding. I also exercise. Some days I have a hard time getting enough calories so that the site doesn't tell me I'm in starvation mode, ha ha ha. Just drink lots and lots of water, log everything you eat, even on bad days, and try hard to make exercise a part of your daily routine. Even if it's just small things. For instance, cleaning is one of the exercises listed in the database. Or walking while carrying a baby. You can do this! Just get your mind where it needs to be and your body will follow. Good luck!
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm a breastfeeding mom! :) I have a 20 month old (def not breastfeeding him...haha) and a 7 month old and have lost the weight I gained with BOTH of them :) You can do it. I have been eating between 1700 and 1800 calories per day. Unfortunately, I don't get too much exercise in, but I eat back any exercise calories I do get. I even count my cleaning and cooking calories and EAT THOSE :)

Biggest tip...DRINK LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER! I drink almost a gallon per day. Good luck, you can do it!