Waterproof HRM

Options
Anyone have a good recommendation for a HRM that is waterproof?

For exercise, I paddle long range outrigger canoe (think Hawaii 5-O) in the ocean (salt water), and get quite wet from the occasional wave or paddle splash. Also the (very) occasion roll-over can happen. So I need something that can handle up to 30 minutes of submersion in a salt water environment. And because paddling is mostly an upper body workout, something with a VERY comfortable chest strap would be appreciated.

Replies

• ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Yes I would like to know too... as I've been swimming laps and having to go off what MFP says as my calories because my chest strap cannot be submerged in water... My watch can, but not the strap.
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My friend who runs triathlons uses the Garmin Forerunner 405. She swears by it! it also has the benefit of the gps. I have been considering getting one for running but I also do ocean kayaking here California. I've thought it would be great to track where I've been as well as my over all performance.
  • TamDTam
    TamDTam Posts: 115
    Options
    just today I purchased the Polar ft60 ( on sale) and it is waterproof... measures calories burned, distance ( GPS feature) and comes with chest band....
  • AndriaLL
    AndriaLL Posts: 162
    Options
    The Garmin Forerunner 310XT is the waterproof one most triathletes use. The chest strap is very comfortable--soft all the way around with just a "button" in the middle that sits easily right in the middle of your rib cage. I don't particularly like the wrist strap so have a different one on order. Of course it is also a GPS, which might be handy in your situation. So far I've only used it for basic swimming, biking and running, but you can set it up to race yourself, other users, graph all kinds of data...program the "other" sport to anything you want. It has all kinds of accessories too--foot pod to measure stride and cadence, cadence meter, different chest and wrist straps, quick release kits to mount it on your bike (or boat), etc.