i want yalls opinion on this

Options
leomom72
leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
ok, this is my deal..i have been on this site for almost 2 months now, and have only lost 12 pounds, but i want to know : what do yall think is a bigger success to lose..pounds, or inches ? i have lost both, and i hate the way my scale is slow going with pounds, but i like how i can tell a difference in how my clothes fit by inches..i just want to know what you guys think..i look forward to your opinions..oh, btw, just so no one mentions it, i AM proud of my progress, so no need to comment on how "down on myself" i am..LoL thanks in advance :happy:

Replies

• TamDTam
    TamDTam Posts: 115
    Options
    Id be happier to lose the inches faster than the pounds... the pounds will inevitably fall as well....
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Inches first, pounds second!
  • BrittanyGQ
    BrittanyGQ Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I agree. If I'm losing inches, then I'm losing fat!! Though, not gonna lie, I also love watching the number go down on the scale (esp because I'm OCD about weighing myself at least 3x/day...) - mainly because I only remember to take my measurements every so often, haha. But in the end, I like inches lost!
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    only lost 12?!?! that is awesome! you should be proud of that! i'm more about the inches, but the scale is important to me too :o)
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Two months is 8 weeks. Healthy weight loss is about a pound a week. You are doing great. Pounds and inches are both important. Most important is being healthy. Keep up the good work!
  • patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Usually not something a guy would say but INCHES...HA HA HA HA
  • hmschultz
    hmschultz Posts: 32
    Options
    Inches, inches, inches!! You will build muscle as you workout so a lot of times that scale will go up while the measurements get smaller! Lean muscle burns more, so you will reach a point when it all comes together! My advice, put the scale away for awhile! Give it a week or two and weigh-in again, I think you will be pleasantly surprised! :)
  • patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah and I should follow that up with muscle is more dense than fat so you might "gain weight" by replacing fat with muscle mass
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Losing inches is by far the best. Keep up the good work!
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    only lost 12?!?! that is awesome! you should be proud of that! i'm more about the inches, but the scale is important to me too :o)

Agreed!!! That is some awesome weight loss if you ask me.
  • bodybyrick
    Options
    My answer is actually a question. Do you care more about how you look or do you want to carry a scale around and show people how much you weigh? Lol. Remember muscle weighs more than fat so as you get fit and get more dense lean muscle you will be replacing fat with muscle so you could actually lose fat and gain weight. I wrote about this in my blog if you wanna read it. Btw good job in losing inches. That's the only thing I look at with my training clients. I never get them on the scale. Hugs, Rick
  • ohohraptor
    ohohraptor Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Definitely inches. I would be happy to stay at my current weight but lose inches! I am trying to get over the whole obsession with the scale thing actually and have set a goal of a pants size rather than a certain weight.
  • amelie21
    amelie21 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Also inches. It doesnt matter what the scales say as long as you can see a visible difference then thats all that counts :)
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    just remember...slow and steady wins the race...i constantly have to remind myself of this...
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Inches by far. But, 12 pounds in 2 months is great!
  • brookesready
    brookesready Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Great job. 12lbs in 2 months is awesome!! :) I would go with the inches though. Hide the scale and break out the measuring tape.
  • spaboleo
    spaboleo Posts: 172
    Options
    The biggest win is that you've done it for two months straight! :smile:
    It leads to a healthier life in the long term... :wink: