Healthy IHOP choices?

Options
So we decided to eat at IHOP tonight. I'm watching my carbs, so does anyone have any suggestions on something yummy but healthy that I can order? :)

Replies

• jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I think they tell you their healthy selections on the menu!
  • dreamc08
    dreamc08 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    They have a "healthful" menu section...the spinach & mushroom omelette is DELISH :)

edit: if you have time before you go, check out their website for full nutrition info. On the menu, they have the nutritional facts listed for the more healthful selections. Enjoy it!
  • 30tips
    30tips Posts: 132
    Options
    This is making me hungry AGAIN
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    There's a "simple and fit" section on the menu that they say is 600 calories or less per dish but I would be very wary of that. If I were you I would definitely ask for a separate plate so you can separate your food.

And now I'm ready to eat my computer monitor because it just showed me cinammon pancakes in hi-def. Talk about self-sabotage. :wink:
  • lowb35
    lowb35 Posts: 3
    Options
    We've been ordering off the new Simple & Fit menu with good results. If you are watching your carbs, they have a couple of omelets off that menu that are pretty good. I like the spinach and mushroom one and I think that menu item is one of the lower cal combos in the Simple & Fit line. The calorie counts for all those items are listed in the menu. Just make sure they prepare your order as listed in the menu. I know here in south Louisiana they sometimes give you "lagniappe" (a little something extra) but some servers don't know they aren't doing you a favor by putting a little butter or powdered sugar on your whole wheat French toast or cheese sauce all over your Egg Beaters omelet. :-)
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Yes, the "simple & fit" choices are awesome! I ate there recently and had the spinach mushroom omelet. Get those oven roasted tomatoes on top---oooohhhhh yyyyeeeaaahhhhh!!! It comes witha side of fruit (so yummy!) Serve it up with a side of turkey bacon (25 cal a slice) and you're talking wowza!! Also, I recently found out their hollandaise sauce is only 60 calories for 2 oz. I had emailed the restaurant and the manager emailed me back. It comes in a 4 oz. bowl, so it is also low carb. I added it to the food database here on MFP.

Whatever you do, check out the website ahead of time and get an idea of what you want. Have fun!! :drinker:
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    They have a "healthful" menu section...the spinach & mushroom omelette is DELISH :)

edit: if you have time before you go, check out their website for full nutrition info. On the menu, they have the nutritional facts listed for the more healthful selections. Enjoy it!

I might try that. :D I was hoping to get something sweet, but if I'm watching my carbs that isn't going to happen!
  • LCong
    LCong Posts: 14
    Options
    Being in the UK, I sooo miss IHOP. ENJOY! If you can, save up cals over the day and/or do extra exercise to maybe have a treat! Enjoy for us expats missing out ;o)...
  • dreamc08
    dreamc08 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

I might try that. :D I was hoping to get something sweet, but if I'm watching my carbs that isn't going to happen!

It comes with a fruit cup, so that'll give you a little sweetness. If you really wanted a pancake or something, just order one silverdollar pancake and savor that. That way, you get what you want and it wont ruin you on carbs!

I'm so jealous....I love IHOP but there isn't one within two hours of me (probably for the better tho lol)
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options

It comes with a fruit cup, so that'll give you a little sweetness. If you really wanted a pancake or something, just order one silverdollar pancake and savor that. That way, you get what you want and it wont ruin you on carbs!

I'm so jealous....I love IHOP but there isn't one within two hours of me (probably for the better tho lol)

I was kind of craving fruit today too, so I'll see how that hits the spot. :) I have 1,000 cals left, so maybe a pancake won't hurt either, plus I always order sugar free syrup too. :) I'll enjoy the pancake for you! LOL